Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here to help

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi all,

I'm here to help give advice and encouragement to everyone. I've worked in the chiropractic field for 3 years and I've worked with a spine surgeon for 5 years, so I've seen both sides. I've seen/heard it all I think. :)
advertisement

Comments

• Have you seen any botox injections in the spine surgeons office and does that work for pain? Nice to see you here. Have you had any neck or back problems yourself? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H it sounds like you may have some good advice to share. make yourself at home and have a look around the different forums. isn't it hard to have "seen it all" without being a patient yourself? what is your outlook on pain patients? just curious? Jenny :)
  • It is great to have you here as we can use all of the support that we can get!
  • We don't do them at our office. I've heard they do great things for piriformis syndrome and I have a friend who has horrible migraine headaches - Botox has helped almost eliminate her migraines, however, she has to have it every 3-5 months.

I don't have any back/neck problems myself that have needed injections or surgery. Knock on wood.
  • True, I haven't experienced the pain like my patients, nor do I ever want to. I stated I've "seen it all" because it seems I have. I was looking through some of the posts on the forum and it was like hearing my own patients speak. :) I've spent countless hours on the phone hearing just about everything.

My outlook on pain patients -- depends. I have seen patients with "failed" back syndrome and truly nothing seems to get them better. I've seen some patients who I think truly abuse medications (don't yell at me for saying that - there are people out there who do this). I think pain patients need a good chronic pain program. One I'm familiar with just gives people injection after injection and gives them ridiculous amounts of narcotics, masking the pain basically. I don't agree with that. I know of another progam that encourages physical therapy, pool therapy, positive thinking, yoga, breathing techniques, group therapy, etc. I recently had a patient complete this program. It was an inpatient program (I think she was in 2 weeks). She went from being on a lot of Dilaudid to Tramadol, which is AWESOME.
advertisement