Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Does anyone have left upper side pain by rib cage.

hisbeauty4asheshhisbeauty4ashes Posts: 181
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Precious ones,

Since having five surgeries in the last 14 months I have had a sharp pain come and go on my left upper side in the front of my stomach and through my back under my rib cage. It has grown sharper it seems like lately and a bit worse. I thought nothing of it thinking maybe it is just cause of being on pain meds it may happen if you are backed up. I have not been on any pain meds because of the reactions I have with the pain meds.I only take it if I am so bad that I can not stand it so I endure allot of neck and shoulder pain daily, along with headaches. Do any of you have this sharp pain on your lift side? Help!
advertisement

Comments

• You should go to get that checked out by your Doctor. Are you taking any anti inflamatory meds? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • yeah if its continues i would give the dr a call to.
    that type of pain is to hard to pinpoint.
    i have it now, but also had a injury on that left side of my ribcage years ago and it just started on me last week.
    but i know all to well what your feeling.
    mine are spasms. like your muscle gets caught up under your rib cage. heat/muscle relaxers are all i can do for mine and some stretches.
    plus if you do have some gas mixed up with it, it makes for some very sharp pain.
    but yeah give them a call is your best bet!!! cause like i said to hard to pinpoint being in that spot as there can be many different issues ;)

let us know how you make out >:D<
  • It's really not anything to play around with since it could many things. Some serious and some benign. Please call your doctor. Don't try to self diagnose. That's why our doctors make the big bucks! :)))
  • My doc says its spasms, but I need to get it checked out. I wouldn't fool around.

• I just had those really bad last night, it was very cold to me anyways.My back, knees and feet all ached.I had this pain during PT and the therapist guided me through the spasm.

BUT, its better to consult your doctor asap to confirm.We are not doctors here and it may be simple as above or something different.
  • I too have had mid-severe pains in my upper left ribcage.I also have swelling.I noticed about 7months after I had my radical hysterectomy that my left side had started to bulge and then a few months after that came the pain. I had cervical cancer and for a year had many surgeries to remove the cancerous sections.It just kept coming back so they did the hysterectomy.I was 30.Now at 35,I still have the pains and the bulging side.DOcs have seen it and say its normal and I have gas,etc.I move alot due to my hubby being in the MArines and never have same doc for long,as they are Navy and rotate.I also as of the last year have had severe fatigue! I AM NOT a lazy person either.I workout and have 3kids to keep up with.I can be sitting up mid day and suddenly realise I have dozed off.It happens 5-10 times a day.I just dont know what to say to get these military docs to take this civilian seriously! HELP!
  • Could be lots of things like others said. After my ACDF surgery, and return to work, after a while I had sharp pains start... I get them from the middle of my back right into my left/center chest, and sometimes into left side ribs. When at their worst, it hurts to breath or move the slightest bit, almost like someone is stabbing a knife into me from behind.

I'm told its muscle spasms. Lucky me, after successful cervical surgery I found out I have mid-back issues like a bulging disc at t6-t7, along with other stuff.

My wife works for a Chiropractor's office now... I get good relief with some adjustments to my spine and ribs. Lots of things are connected, so pain can travel I'm told.

Hope you get some solid answers and start feeling better!
  • You might want to see a real Doctor. This could be a hi-atel hernia, an ulcer, a pancreatic problem, or else.
    I know from experience. Don't wait too long. Sorry for your pain.
  • Cara VasquezCCara Vasquez Posts: 1
    edited 09/05/2015 - 9:04 AM
    Yes I have it to but mine happens all around my chest and back it hurts worse if you move and stay's soar for days can't breathe right because it hurts worse.. I have bad cramps all over my body...

Welcome to Spine-Health
    Please click on link for helpful information!
    ~ spine-health moderator, savage
    Cara Vasquez
advertisement