Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

CHRONIC PAIN OVER YEARS !!!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

HELLO FELLOW EXPERIMENTS, HA!

I HAVE A QUESTION !

A HAD AN ANTERIOR CERVICAL DISECTOMY & FUSION OF,

C-5,C-6,C-7 W/CADAVER BONES & C-TEK PLATE & SCREW INSTALL,

IN MAY OF 2004. I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY RELEIF OF PAIN!

IVE RAN THE ENTIRE, EPIDUREL,FACET,SELECTIVE ROOT,

INJECTIONS, ETC.ETC.I AM AND HAVE BEEN ON PAIN MEDICATION,

AND HAVE MANAGED TO WORK IN AN OFFICE & SIMPLE JOBS,

I AM AT MY LIMITS NOW! I AM A CHRONIC PAIN EXPERIMENT

OK, HERES THE FLIPPEN QUESTION : IS THEIR ANYBODY OUT,

THERE WHO HAS HAD A SIMULAR SITUATION ???

I AM 2 INCHES FROM APPLING FOR TOTAL DISABILITY, I REALLY,

DONT WANT TO BUT I CANT KEEP A JOB WITH THIS KINDA PAIN,

AND ALSO BEING ON MEDICATION TOO !

PLEASE REPLY, IF YOUR IN THE SAME BOAT ! LATER !

advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to Spine Health. I am thankfully not in the same situation, but wanted to welcome you and make sure that your thread doesn't get buried by others before someone who can relate sees it.

Kindest regards,

"C"
  • I'm probably actually worse off than you. I had the acdf done in Sept 06 C4-C7 and then a revision done Feb 07....in more pain now than before any surgery. I applied for social security disability and after a 2 year wait have been awarded. Let me tell you that you have to be just about at deaths door to get SSD....now that makes me feel a lot better. The only thing I haven't done is let them experiment on me. I had 2 epidurals in my cervical spine and after no relief I stopped them. Right now I am waiting on results from a myelogram that was done last week, I have been told unofficially by the imaging center that I have a disc bulge above my fusion, it just keeps getting better and better. Also being treated for a left shoulder problem that they really don't know if it is shoulder pain or pain from my neck, I have had 2 sets of injections to the shoulder with the last set helping some. Also PT for shoulder, this will be the second round of PT on the shoulder since August of this year. I'm about ready to throw in the towel and let my doctor put me on better pain med's, I have been fighting this for 2 years because I know once I start the strong stuff there is no going back.

Sharon
  • I am fused from c3-7 and just had another MRI done 2 weeks ago that shows c3-4 and c5-6 with herniations again. It also showed flattening of the cord on c5-6, my surgeon's nurse told me yesterday she didn't think there is anymore he could do for me. I am in extreeme pain even on strong pain meds. I just filed for disability in August 08 because I could not handle the pain of my easy desk job, but I loved my job and had been there since 1995. I wish I had better news for you but at this point I don't...
    Jeanette