Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

massage therapy

kimmeamkkimmeam Posts: 149
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I had my first massage therapy on Monday morning. It wasn't a pleasant experience. How can a massage not be pleasant? I got through the day fine with rest, ice & heat. Yesterday I had to work. Busy day, lots of meds to keep going. This morning I hurt so bad. I am honestly contemplating not going in. I lie here in my recliner resting with my heating pad. Oh to just think about having to sit at a desk all day is unbearable!
I'll get up & shower & let you know how it goes. I was supposed to have another session this morning. Well late yesterday considering how I felt I have rescheduled for next week. This does get better?
I have to move as I have my 3 month post op this afternoon. I really am curious as to what he has to say & what my options are now.
I'll let you know how everything goes.
Kim
advertisement

Comments

• I ended up with one of the worst backaches I've ever had. My surgery was cervical not on my back so this backache stuff is new territory to me. I went to release the spasms between my shoulders had nothing to do with my back. But I have another appointment today and have vowed not to give up because I know PT can and will help eventually just maybe not today. Good luck with work. I like you still can't sit for long periods of time and unfortunately I find most of my days in the office have me on the phone and staring at my computer for the better part of the day. Let us know how you're feeling.