Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Decompression with Rods?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 51,465
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Scoliosis
I had a revision surgery, with removal of herington rod, new titanium rod screwed in, 4 years ago....lots of pain, have tried everything. A new Chiropractor tried decompression on me. Is this harmful? I really cant say my back is better or worse...but I dont want to do more harm than good! Has anyone with fuion tried this?

Rhonda
advertisement

Comments

• I currently no longer have any hardware in my back. I do have a bone stimulator implanted from my last back surgery. I was in an automobile accident 6 months after my last surgery in 04, and my lawyer was making me go to a chiropractor and when my spine doctor heard that, she nearly exploded. She said that the chiroprator should not have been touching my back at all!!! She told me it could have cracked my fusions. I did not have decompression done, but they were attempting to crack my neck and do some kind of massage therapy on me, and everytime I would leave from there I was worse off, and would immediately get a migraine.

Don't know if this helps, but just wanted to share.

Your spinal friend,
    Cynthia