Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

second opinion should there be a third?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
My first suregon told me that no one else would touch me after he has done a Laminectomy, and a discectomy. (didn't fix the whole problem). Nothing else could be done, deal with it.

now I have a new surgeon who want to put in the dynesys, 3 levels what to do , I have no clue!!!
advertisement

Comments

• :) go for one more!! <:P someone should agree with another somewhere along the way!! i see this is your first post and i want to welcome you to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. good luck in your future pain treatments!! keep us posted! Jenny :)
  • I agree with the others as far as getting as many opinions as possible. At the same time, do some research on the doctors, their experiences, qualifications, talk with former patients or other doctors and RNs who know them, so you how should you weight their opinions.

Takes time, but is worth it.

Good luck,

Kin
  • Hi

How long ago was your Laminectomy?

Around here lots of Drs will not work on another Drs recent problems.

Good Luck to you.

Harry
  • Thanks Motorator,

the surgery was performed feb 2 2005,

The first surgeon told me in May 2005 almost the same thing. at a post op visit, I had asked him if I should get a second opinion he said that there was not another surgeon around who would touch me and there was nothing wrong .

in Feb 2006 I got in to see my second opinion, my current nerosurgeon and a new mri.

after several painful test and proceedures, and to also see if I was a candidate for a razotomy.

3 sets of medial branch blocks
    facet injections
    facet blocks
    discograph
    lidicaine infusions
    acupunture
    physio
    massage therapy

In feb 2007 It was discussed and the new surgeon said my best chance for recovery and function would be dynamic stablisation Dynesys. he booked the surgery then. So I have been waiting " 9 months and have 9 more to go as it is an 18 month surgical wait time.

so I am glad i stumbled on to this site today. I have a lot of reading to do

thanks all.
advertisement