Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Three weeks and counting

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I took a muscle relaxant around 7pm last night. I figured if I took it early enough...I would get a good nights sleep and not feel groggy today. WRONG. Apparently it does not matter what time I take it. I was asleep more today than I was awake. Now I'm hoping I can sleep tonight. I'm not taking anything that is for sure. I don't want to create a viscous cycle. Three weeks out from having my throat slit open, my esophagus manhandled, my discs removed, hardware screwed into my spine. You would think I would feel a lot worse than I do. Aside from the muscle aches from wearing the neck brace, the only problem I really have is that I gag really bad when I move my head to far forward or backwards. Still have swallowing problems occasionally, mostly bread and sometimes meat. All in all....pretty damn good. Three more weeks to go and I find out if the donor bone is grafting. I hope it is.
advertisement

Comments