Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Had MRI done today- finally!

HeidiLynnMHHeidiLynnM Posts: 445
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lower Back Pain
Hi everyone :H .

I went and got my mri done today, and it was pretty painful to lay on my back for that time for sure. For some reason, this time I had dye put in?! What is that for?

I was told that my results would be sent to my pm doctor( waiting for a appt. for neurosurgeon) within 48 hours. The thing is, I do not see any doctor at all until the beginning of december. Can you ask for a report yourself? My last mri was over a year and half ago. :? .

I am also wondering about this horrible leg pain that goes with the back pain, I get this down both legs. I also have been starting to have spasms in my legs, not fun!!!!

Okay, I hope everyone is doing well, and I wanted to ask these few questions. Btw- do any of you have the problem that laying on your back or belly kills you? I can only lay on my side :''( .

Thanks!
advertisement

Comments

• If you put a pillow under your knees it's more comfortable to lay on your back. Are you on pain meds and lyrica for your leg pain? About your MRI report, I got a Doctor friend to get my results as my Doctor was on holiday at the time. You can pick up your copy of the films on a CD you just have to call radiology and they get you the CD disk. They will not give you the report though. Take care and let us know how your PM Dr. appt. goes. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • excruciating pain when laying down on hard surface for MRI or xrays. Believe me, the pillow under the knees does not help. I must be well medicated for these tests and I still come out in tears. Does your leg pain go all the way down? Or stop at the knees?
  • feet! In both legs too :''( .

Last night was horrible, I usually try not to take much narcotics but I did take a percocet. It made me very tired which was good to make me fall asleep! I have to lay on my side with a pillow against my back to fall asleep because it hurts too much to just lay on the matress. The leg and back pain is getting worse by the day it seems. For those of you that are women, does it get worse for you before your period? :T .

I swear that it gets worse for me!!! As far as getting the mri results, I guess I will have to wait until next week and see if pm doc has a copy of it yet. I see him december 3. As for pain meds, I take tramadol, percocet when i need it, and no lyrica?! I would like to try that. My legs are horrible!!!!! I also use lidocane patches that don't seem to want to stay on my back?!!
  • I can only answer this part. They usually do MRI with contrast when they are looking for soft tissue damage.
  • I had no idea why they would use dye. Why would they look for soft tissue?!
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.