Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Here to Help...Fusion L4-L5-S1

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all.

Im going to do this quick because I'm not sure if im doing it right lol.

But I had a back fusion surgury In June L4-S1 at the age of 23!!!! so young. Im 24 now.I cant believe this has happened to me...especially since i was a collegiate athlete. life evolved around being active. and suddently that was taking away from my in an instant. I had DDD and continued to lift, run, all the things i had to do. It was the only way i Knew how to function and my lifestlye contributed to the quick onset of unbearable pain!!!

Back pain is something that you cant explain! and when you try to talk to someone who has no clue what your alking about you want to punch them right in the face....i wish i could have a broken arm, leg, FACE, nothing compares to back pain and im sure some of you know that!!

I spent many days thinking to myself is all this pain really worth it....It SUCKED!! but finally after 3 years of hell i got the surgury....it's been 5 months since my surgury and I feel great!!!

I'm still very limited in activities but my pain has gone from a 8 to a 3....and i hope I continue to get better so i can start golfing, jogging, lifting light weights,wrestle with my drunk friends... simply trying to be ME again.

anyways if any young ppl or old for that matter are out there and have any questions about recovery...give me a shout.

maybe this wasnt so quick i hope it worked...

Steven Holmes

advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health..
  • That's great you're healing well. It's a shame you had to go 3 years in pain though. I'm twice your age and have the same problems with L5-S1 and 9 months since I'm off work. It's encouraging to hear a sucess story. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. it is great to read of your successful recovery. <:P try reading the "Good News" forum for a look at more successful surgeries. good luck and keep us posted! Jenny :)