Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain and the media

terror8396tterror8396 Posts: 1,832
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Chronic Pain
i was watching my favorite train wreck celebrity rehab last night and once again we as pain patients are getting the royal shaft. jeff conway-taxi- apparently has had back problems and surgeries and why he keeps going on the show is a great unknown to me. apparently the quack dr dean called his surgeon and told jeff his surgeon said no more surgeries and no more pain meds. either this is one of the greatest quack jobs in history, to deny pain meds to a pain patient or this guy jeff is dr shopping. i cannot believe a dr would deny pain meds to a back patient that is in pain. why is this? maybe conway dr shops and the dr knows this because he gets drugs for himself and his girlfriend. if not if i were conway i would get a lawyer asap and take the ddr to task. a dr has no right to deny treatment to a pain patient at all. this is one more example of the media bias against pain patients. so now people will see this show and ask us why are you taking pain meds? dr dean says you should not take them or you will DIE. YOU WILL DIE YOU HEAR ME, YOU WILL DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ARE STILL ALIVE. this is the message now. i am tempted to write the show and lodge a complaint even though i know it will not help at all. i am afraid that in a few years, drugs like oxy will be severely limited to us and maybe banned or given the schedule 1 treatment where oxy is considered to be like heroin. get used to it folks, this is the future i fear

jon :''( :H
I have 4 fusions from L5-3, the latest last May '12 where they fixed my disc that broke.They went through my side this time. I take 40 mg of oxycontin 4x a day and 4 fenatyl lollipops 300 micro gms 4x a day.
advertisement

Comments

• I am shocked Dr. Dean said that. Could it be Conway's mixing cocaine with pain pills that factor in his action? It sure makes anyone taking pain medicine for a prolonged time not look good. People like him can still be treated by having his medicines closely monitored and having his urine screened. If he gets something on the side, he will be caught. One doctor, one pharmacy like the rest of us. But celebrities get everything they want when they want. And this situation in prime time doesn't make things easier on all of us.
This discussion has been closed.