Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

weeks or months to recover from surgery

miss grumpymmiss grumpy Posts: 107
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
hi i was hoping someone could give me a rough idea on the type of surgey and recovery time it is for a herniate disc at c7 to t1. look forward to hearing from any one out there.
advertisement

Comments

• hi and welcome.
    yes everyone recovers at a different rate. from weeks to months.
    like paul said what type of surgery are you having????
    since T1 is involved which is where i have my large herniation i was told they could only go through the chest plate. so im interested in hearing what they are doing for you.

let us know the type of surgery and we can try to guide you from there.

thanks!!
    take care
    terri O:) O:) O:)
  • i hope someone can answer your question and when they do that the info may be different from what you might go through. this forum gives u alot of support. btw what kind of doc is goingto do your surgery? has he given u some info with pass patients?
  • hi ,i wont know what type of surgery i will be having untill i see a neurologist on the 4th dec, in englnd we have the national health, its very good, you dont have the choice as to wether you can see a diferent surgeon, but the ones you see will also work on private patients, and my perticular surgeon is top in peforming spinal surgery so im very lucky. i was just wondering the type of surgery i can expect because to wait until the 4th of decmber to find out is such along time .
  • i am glad u have agreat ns. i believe in ns when it comes to the spinal cord. i am sorry u have to wait because the days must seem like weeks to u. i wish u luck and will say a prayer for u to have a sucessful surgery and a quick recovery.
advertisement