Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Post-op 15 months, NS says, pain doc says, & traveling to appointments with pain

24-7 stiff neck224-7 stiff neck Posts: 196
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
hi everyone,

i have been away awhile and found out that i cant travel like this (this is the first and last time for traveling like this)anymore :( . in the last 3 weeks my wife and i have traveled about 2400 miles #o . i found out i have gone overboard and forgot about everything i should do to prevent pain and the big no 1 - NO MORE SURGERIES!!!

the first 2 days of travel really got to my pain threshold and i spend the next 3 days resting in a motel room before going on further. after that we only traveled about 200 miles in a day and that was to much. finally got to the doctors appointments and ns says my hardware has not moved since the last appointment 6 months ago #:S . ns did say that all of the stress is now between c7 and t1 as just about everything above these are fused. i just pray i can prolong another surgery as long as i can and who knows with alot of praying maybe 10 years or longer.

my pain doc raised the dose of my meds since i was about maxed out on 5/500 hydrocodone. kept the flexeral 10mg doses the same. i forgot to ask about some break thru pain meds :( .

just a note on traveling, i found that using my mp3 player helps somewhat keeping my mind off of the pain. i use a soft neck collar about 90% of the time when traveling and usually have the seat reclinded back and also use a massage seat with heat that i bought from target store. doing all of these things and i just know of only one more thing - STAY HOME!!!

been home for a week and it reminds me of post-op about 4 or 5 months pain level. well i have winned enough and it does feel great to finally be home!!!!!! =D> =D> =D> .
advertisement

Comments

• we stopped at every rest stop along the way or max 1 hour driving time to stretch and walk a little bit before going on :H .
  • Darn Darn Darn this happened to you :S :S :S :S

So sorry you suffered so much from taking a trip a year later my goodness gracious lions, tigers and bears!!

Ya know you can VENT anytime you want you have EARNED your right!! I think we need GOLD stars for these type of situations.

I hope your resting now and some of the pain has eased a bit since being home ;) ;)

Oh P.S. Not to sound stupid. YES I am typing under the influence again. Your drs are that far away?? Did you choose this because of the Dr?? Just curious. I probably already know the answer. But MEDS/COFFEE/MORNING and me don't mix =)) =)) =)) =))
  • yes iam resting up still have maybe a week more to get back to normal I) . yes, i am TUI also =)) and our docs are 500 miles away, we go 2 times a year, if nothing goes wrong. the extra miles in the trip was traveling to a family emergency about 1 week before our doc appointments. i learned from this that it was way tooooooooooo much #o . we chose to keep our docs rather then try to get new ones. when u have great docs its hard to find new ones that can compare.