Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

buttock and heel pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
hi all

I am suffering bad buttock pain both sides!! It really hurts to sit down and is getting worse.I have an Lumbar MRI saying I have bilateral facet dengerantion, with a cyst of the exit Foramen of L5/S1 whic is reported to be "not obvioulsy compressing the nerves relating to the posterior joint" It doesnt hurt when I lie down!! (Like the MRI) I did get really horrible electric pain on both heels for 10 months when I walk, but now I have MBT boots its all gone to my left buttock and sometime the right and sitting is very bad. Does anyone have any advice on what I could do??

I have just had a 2 level ADR on my neck C5/6C6/7 and it was successful in terms of placement and motion but I have similar pain remaining. Surgeon wont look at lumbar issues right now wants it all to settle after the Op . Also all the meds post op have masked the problem that was there before and now on the bottom half. Any ideas on how I should pursue a solution?? Maz x
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health,have you been to a pain management doctor or seen a neuro-surgeon?
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are having chronic pain. have you tried any nerve pain medications? it might help the pain in your bottom. please check with your doctor about this. :-C good luck and please keep us posted on your progress. Jenny :)
  • Hi Bigcat and Jenny thanks for your welcome. I am taking Pregablin already for nerve pain caused by my Cervical issues but it doesnt seem to help with the buttocks sadly. I have an appt with my spinal surgeon in Dec and hopefully the opportunity to ask about my lumbar issues 3 months post op (from the 2 level ADR). I went to the pain clinic after my op I had waited 7 months for the appt and had already had the op so my scana were considered null and void even though thelumbar one shows the bilateral facet degeneration and the cyst. The consultant suggested I tried Pregablin for my trapezius pain, wouldnt comment on my lumbar issues. Will keep you posted Maz
  • Hi Bigcat and Jenny thanks for your welcome. I am taking Pregablin already for nerve pain caused by my Cervical issues but it doesnt seem to help with the buttocks sadly. I have an appt with my spinal surgeon in Dec and hopefully the opportunity to ask about my lumbar issues 3 months post op (from the 2 level ADR). I went to the pain clinic after my op I had waited 7 months for the appt and had already had the op so my scans were considered null and void even though the lumbar one shows the bilateral facet degeneration and the cyst. The consultant suggested I tried Pregablin for my trapezius pain, wouldnt comment on my lumbar issues. Will keep you posted Maz
  • Your doc is correct to wait until the cervical issues heal before looking at lumbar. I had horrible cervical and lumbar pain all at once and my doc refused to check the cervical out until he got the lumbar issue straight. He said that lots of times if you have issues in one area it will cause pain in the other area and when the first issue is fixed lots of times the other corrects it self. He was right. i originally started getting rhizotomy in the lumbar area and as soon as the pain stopped in the lumbar area, I had no more cervical pain. So, try and be patient. I had the pain in my buttock also and used ice 20 minutes on and 20 minutes off on my lower back and it did help. My buttock pain was coming from an annular tare. Good luck to you and please keep us posted.
  • Thanks painintheback and all who jave repsonses I am going to be patient and wait. I am having bad burning traps pain deep and horrible too so all in all I am scared! I am due back at work on 21st December and wan to at least get to the 1st hurdle before I fall!! I will beatient though thanks for telling me about your experience it seems to match what the professionals are saying so I will calm down!! Maz
advertisement