Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
I just joined and it's wonderful to feel that I'm not alone. I am facing a big surgery in January. I think you call it a 360. I had a previous fusion of L3-L5 in 2006 and now am having horrible pain. After my MRI I saw my orthopedic doc and a neurosurgeon and this seems to be the answer. I will have the cage put in at L5-S1 and then get flipped over to fuse all the way up to L5 or maybe one or two higher. I am 59 and hate missing out on the ususal activities that I do. I think I will just have to suck it up and hope for the best. I'm glad to have this group of people!

Beth
advertisement

Comments

• Hi and Welcome to Spine Health. There are many here who have gone through the same surgery, so I'm sure you will have many to answer any questions you might have. Please keep us posted as your surgery approaches.

How did you injure your back in the first place?

Great to have you on board.

"C"
  • Welcome to spine-health..
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am over 50 myself and know the changes our bodies go through as women. ~X( we still face the problems of pain and the changes. please make yourself at home and get to know the different forums. good luck! Jenny :)
  • I had a 4 level 360 on 9-23-08, so Im 7 weeks post op. From my experience, the worst part was waking up and waiting for the PCA meds to start kicking in..... the nurse got right on it, but it took awhile to help. Also, the first time they sat me on the side of the bed was horrid, but believe me it gets better. Both my incisions have healed nicely and its getting better and better by the day... but its its a very slow process. I know Im younger than you, but just to let you know its one day at a time and have lots of help the first couple weeks at home. It also halps to have stuff to keep the boredom at bay... laptop, puzzle books reading books etc. Things that were a must for me after I got home were a toilet seat riser, shower chair, walker. Your Doc can write a prescription for these so insurance covers those items. I still have bad days, when Ive done to much. I cant feel the hardware in my back, some do though. My hospital stay was 5 days and the staff was great. Walking is great for us, streghtens muscles. Your doc will give you discharge orders on what you can do.... mine is no lifting, bending, twisting and I can only pick up things that are 5 pounds. These are only mine experiences, but I have a wonderful NS and that has helped. Sorry this is so long.. got started and just keep typing. Good luck to you and if you have any questions you can PM me!
  • it sounds like u already have the right stuff and figured it out. by knowing that u may not be able to do the same things after surgery but still hoping for the best. i wish u a sucessful surgery and a speedy recovery and pray that your wishes come true.
  • I welcome you >:D< and hope that your surgery goes well! There is a lot of info here, and a lot of people with good knowledge. Just look around and read :)
  • I wish you luck on your upcoming surgery and you have found an excellent support group here. try and keep a positive attitude and it will all be over before you know it! Good luck and keep us posted.
advertisement