Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

long term disability

cyndi4everccyndi4ever Posts: 153
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
well as of tommorrow, I will be terminated from my job. I have been out for 12 weeks and they have to terminate me according to policy. Im waiting to hear from long term disability but they are looking into my records to see if this is preexhisting, and of course in mass, they is no law agaist it... Im so screwed if I dont get my disability. so much for the holidays, we will be lucky to get through them without freezing... Hubby got layed off 1 day a week now too, Hopefully that will be all he gets layed off.. Sorry just venting, I know The good lord will take care of us...
advertisement

Comments

• Good luck in getting your disabilty.....
  • I sure hope you get it. I could not understand about your hubby. Is he only layed off Temp.? It is hard I know I just got out of the hospital in for 8 days and home and back for 7 and no money. My husbands job is slow and is lucky to get 35 hours. I did get my temp. disability but, my ins. changed as of Oct 1st to only 50% of pay. Well, anyway I sure hope all goes well and sorry your job could not hold your position. I send you all good thoughts. ;)
  • Good luck, I almost went thought he same where I work. I was out of work from April till Oct. I had 2 weeks left of my short term and where I work they would not let me have a emergency vacation donation from my fellow workers. I guess they wanted me gone. My job wanted me to go on full time disability, but I am not disabled I just need time to heal. I went back to work a month early and I had such tight restrictions that I really could not do anything except walk and talk. During the time I went back, I was looking for another job that would be easier on me and I was able to find one. It was the best thing I ever did was putting my notice in on an uncaring company, I was at the same job for 11.5 years. I wish you the very best, remember when one door closes another opens. Oh and now where I used to work they are having lay offs, I got out just in time.
  • And that's what this forum is meant for venting and support. I'm so sorry. Please know that your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I wasn't so far away from you but here's a long distance hug. >:D<
    And I believe that sometimes God sends us angels when we least expect them. O:)
    Hang in there. I know how depression can set in at times like this. Especially during the holidays.
    Praying for you,
    Tonya
  • cindi- I hope that you get the long term disability soon. I would ask the HR dept for a copy of the LTD plan documents so you can check into the policy benefits. I would ask how long the waiting period is and get copies of everything the ins co asks for. Hopefully, it will pay benefits ASAP...jade
advertisement