Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Newbie, young bad back

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello all,

New to the site, interested to read and maybe help people on their back issues. I'm a 28 year old male with 3 discectomies under my belt. Currently working on the third week of recovery from my third surgery. L5-S1 twice L4-5 once. Glad to be a member.

Lift with your legs!
advertisement

Comments

• Saw you post in the other thread too. We aren't alone in this, I know a couple of others who've had these problems young. Doesn't quite seem fair.

Is there anything in particular that you can point to that caused the reherniated of your L5-S1. Is your L4 op related to the same injury?
  • i dont know much about the lower spine but i know there are many members that do. i hate discs, u might be able to give others some valuable info with your knowage. glad u 2 are members.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you are very young to have had so many surgeries already. :''( sorry to hear that. hope your recovery from this one continues well. make yourself at home. check out the "Good News" forum for a read on successful SH surgeries. good luck and i hope to see you around the forum! Jenny :)
  • I had an endoscopic microD last December. My doc actually did laser surgery afterwards in order to tighten and firm the disc material that was left and lessen the likelihood of another herniation. Good luck to you on your recovery.
  • I think what caused my re-herniation was just picking up my dog. i just bent over and picked her up, then the lower back pain came about, then the sciatica (sp)just cripled me....My first surgery was due to my first job out of school. I worked as a supervisor on a shipping dock, which required a lot of lifting, turns out that I had a multi-level herniation, L5-S1 being the full blown out disc. At that time there was a medium buldge on my L4-5 and a very small buldge on the 4-3. About a year and a half after the first surgery, the L4-5 blew out. I feel now that I can never lift anything over 50 lbs ever again in fear of hurting my back again...which sucks when my wife and I start having kids. We'll see.
advertisement