Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can this be related to fusion surgery?

advertisement

Comments

• I forgot to add that I have weakness in that leg as well. It feels like it weighs a ton. Input would be appreciated!
  • Any ideas out there?
    SmileyCentral.comimage
  • After my fusion I had many new nerve symptoms (including knee pain, and also new numbness i legs). Just hang in there, it all gets better with time!
  • That's what I'm hoping it is. Glad someone else had happen...not just me. I was worried that maybe I had done something to my knee!
  • I get occasional knee or ankle pain when walking since surgery. I have just attributed it to things shifting around, maybe changes in my gait since surgery, etc. These goofy pains seem to last a few hours and then go away.

If it doesn't go away you might want to call your doctor to just to be sure everything is OK.

I don't remember if you go to PT - if you do you might ask your therapist. With some of the ankle pain my physical therapist did ultrasound on my ankle and it helped a lot.

Does it feel like muscle pain?
  • The pain is located right behind my knee and on the outside of my thigh. I tried a heating pad today and it seems to have helped some. I also tried calling my doc's PA, but didn't get a call-back from her. Usually she gets back to me the same day I call her. I'm sure she will call tomorrow and I'll be sure to ask her about it. Thanks for responding.
  • Just what you need, new pain cropping up in different places :))(
    No I too get knoww pain both just under the knee and behing the knee (not at same time).
    I know the behind the knee is due to the hamstrings being really tight and causing pain on walking. So yes this could very well be due to fusion.
    The side of knee pain could be either from the hip or again referred pain from the fusion.

My PT gave me a great exercise to do for the quads and knees.
    Standing with feet shoulder width apart and pointing ahead, squat just a tiny bit down but as you do push your knees out to the side. you should feel this on the inside of the thight and eventually the top of the thigh.

Not very lady like (more like a monkey stands) but really good exercise. =))
    I hope you hear from your Dr tomorrow.
    Blessings Sara O:)
  • Thanks so much for the info, and I will try the unladylike squat! How are you doing now?
  • better, Have done a lot of work on my shoulder which has helped and a friend who is a massage therapist callled ni and gave me a good massage which helped.

I also saw a physioyesterday to get a new treatment plan and that is good, Work comp was trying to avoid me going to the gym but the physio has also recommended it so hopefull it will happen. I just get cranky when I now have had 2 months waiting for therapy and gone backwards not forwards. ~X( I thin w/c just put off things hoping I will go away :))( - No such luck!

So thank you I am feeling much better.

Big hugs and blessings Sara O:)
advertisement