Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
I'm new too! 5 weeks post-op from a laminectomy/discectomy.
I'm 38 with two small children and have had back pain for 10+ years. I was an athlete too. 20 years of competetive soccer, softball and weightlifting. Guess I'm paying for it now. I feel pretty good most days. The Doc says I'm doing great but, that my biggest problem is "impatience". :W
advertisement

Comments

• welcome to spine-health...
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. your best bet is to follow your doctor's orders exctly. overdoing it is the easiest way to ruin your recovery. :T so be patient and let your recovery move along naturally. you will be back to your old self in no time. good luck and i hope to see you around! Jenny :)
  • I think I am impatient also!
  • brette- welcome to spine health. Hopefully you'll be getting better and better. The dr says you are doing good and maybe he has a guideline for recovery based on whatever procedures he has done. I guess I would ask him how long to expert for a complete recovery based on his other surgeries....jade
  • WELCOME I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL I HAVE SMALL CHILDREN AND I FEEL SO GUILTY I CANT DO ALOT OF THINGS I USE TO BE ABLE TO DO. IM 40 YRS. OLD WITH A 2 YEAR OLD AND TWO GRANDCHILDREN THAT PRACTICALLY LIVE WITH ME AGE 3 & 4. MY MOTHER IN-LAW IS 75 AND SHE CAN DO MORE WITH THE KIDS THEN ME...LOL. THEY WANT TO KNOW WHY MOM MOM IS ALWAYS SICK. THATS WHAT I TELL THEM WHEN IM LYING ON MY HEATING PAD ALL THE TIME. WHAT CAN I Say TO SMALL CHILDREN IM IN PAIN? i just say im sick, my grandaughter always askes her mom why is mom mom always sick. THE LAST FEW WEEK ENDS I FORCED MYSELF TO DO THINGS LIKE WE WENT TO THE AQUARIUM JUST THE 2 HR DRIVE KILLED ME NOT COUNTING THE MANY TEMPER TANTRUMS MY 2 YR OLD HAD THROWING HIMSELF TO THE FLOOR RIPPING MY BACK OUT. I PLAYED IT COOL... THANK GOD FOR PAIN MEDICINE.LOL WENT TO THE MOVIES THIS WEEKEND CANT SIT TO LONG BUT MY 2 YR OLD FELL ASLEEP ON MY LAP IN A MOVIE THEATER CHAIR, I BEEN SUFFERING WITH MY SCIATICA FOR DAYS NOW. HOPEFULLY I WILL BE PAIN FREE ONE DAY... I WILL KEEP WISHING, I WAS ATHLETIC TOO FOR YEARS MY PAIN STARTED SHORTLY AFTER I STOPPED SO I STARTED EXERCISING AGAIN DID GREAT FOR 2 MONTHS THEN INJURED MY NECK AND SHOULDER HOW/ no idea maybe from exercising.

take care
    dawn
  • I am so glad to hear that you have had a successful surgery. Patience is tough but also a virtue. Good luck to you and keep us posted.
  • Thanks everyone! I'm doing really well today...well, until I tried to lift a side table. It's funny really, how I've suffered for so many years doing everything through pain and not really thinking twice about it. This is all so strange to me to not wake up going, "oooooh, that hurts". The doctor told me this was exactly what to watch out for: doing things I shouldn't because I feel so good that I forget. I remember now. I don't think I screwed up anything, though. It's a little sore but, it's always like this at the end of the day. I'm going to be alone with just my parents for Thanksgiving this year. I can't make the 6 hour car trip to Houston with the hubby and kids. We'd have to stop every hour so, I can get out and walk around. It's a long enough trip without doing that too. A quiet house....and interesting concept. I haven't slept in for 7 years!! I'm sure the first day will be great and I'll go crazy missing them for the other 3. ;)
advertisement