Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just "diagnosed"

spinaltapsspinaltap Posts: 50
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi Everyone,

I have suffered with headaches, difficulty breathing, chest pain, pain between the shoulder blades, vertigo, and "shocks" that run through my face, mouth and tongue numbness and difficulty thinking, arm/wrist/hand pain and numbness for 2 years. I have been to 4 diffierent doctors in the past 2 years and none of them ever thought to do an MRI. I was treated for everything from heartburn to tension headaches. I finally had an MRI last week, due to the fact that the Vertigo was causing me to stumble, which showed a herniated c5 c6 disc. I will have to wait another month or so to get into a nuerosurgeon and I'm just wondering if anyone could tell me what to expect? :??
advertisement

Comments

• sorry to hear of your problems. i know for myself that the best thing i can do to insure good medical care is to have smart docs and caring docs. what did they tell you from your mri? has the ns looked at your recent mri? i hope u live in a area that has top notch medical services, because it reminds me of the years i use to live in a small mountain town and the doc would treat u with the trial and error method :S . 2 years without a answer is way to long now a days i think. i wish u speedy luck in finding an answer to your pain.
  • I'm so glad that you're finally getting care for your symptoms. You're FAR more patient than I would have been!

Neurosurgeons are regular people that are usually so dang smart that I don't know how they hold up their big ol heads. Some are friendly, some aren't. Just write down all the questions you want to ask and take it with you, trust me, you'll forget them all when you get there! Write down all your symptoms too. In the end if you find that you're uncomfortable with what they reccommend you should get another opinion.

Keep coming to the board. When you know what your finally is there is bound to be someone here who's been there too. We'll go through it all with you.

Griff