Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Ganglion Block

Neck of Steel CindyNNeck of Steel Cindy Posts: 1,064
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm wondering if any of you have had a ganglion block, and if so, was it helpful?

I have the beginning of RSD (aka CRPS) in my left arm in the area affected by the C6 nerve root. The pain and weakness is continuing to increase, and I think I am ready to go ahead with the ganglion block to see if it will help. I also have nerve damage and burning pain symptoms on the right side of my body, most severe at the hip/thigh/foot areas. If you have had a ganglion block, what were your symptoms prior to having it done, and how long did you have a reduction in symptoms from having it?

Just trying to weigh the pros and cons of doing it versus the risk involved with an injection in the neck.

Please share your experiences.

Cindy
Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
advertisement

Comments

• i've never had any shots and i dont know anything about the ganglion block. i just wanted to post to your thread to bump it back up to the top of the list where more ppl can read it and maybe someone will respond.
  • You're so sweet. Thank you. I am beginning to think no one likes me... :''( But maybe it is just that no one has had a ganglion block.

If anyone has had experience with this, please post how it went for you. Thanks in advance.

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I just got back from the doctor and found out that I am not a candidate for this because I have too much hardware and they wouldn't be able to get in to do the injection. Another possibility for help checked off the list.
  • : ( I saw your post but haven't had that injection yet. Sorry neck of steel that your hopes are dashed. Never give up. Technology is advancing and maybe we'll have more hope in the near future for our pain. Feel better when you're ready. Wishing healing thoughts to you. O:) Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks for your words of encouragement. I was a little bummed out the day I found out this isn't something I can do, but I will keep trudging forward, as you suggested, and all will be okay. On this day of Thanksgiving, I am reminded of all the positive things in my life. I'm trying hard to focus on the good things, which should help my attitude. Thanks again. This is why I love spine health. There is always someone around to lift my spirits.
  • I, too, am sorry that this is not an alternative for you :''( :''( , but I'm sure another door will open for you in time! Hang in there, ok?
  • had the block because of a dog bite on my hand which has left me with severe pain. I had the block done six months ago and know the pain is returning. It did help me. It did not take away all the pain but with out it I would not be able to function or keep my job. I would suggest you try it as it might help you out.

jayme
    I don't know how all this works but maybe this will show up to answer her question
advertisement