Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

disc replacement??

dgardineerddgardineer Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I was wondering if anyone has any info on ADR good or bad just wanna get a jist of what people feel on the use of it .My doctor told me today that it might be a better option for me because of my age .
advertisement

Comments

• hi there,
    i also got hurt at work as a paramedic in april 2005. i had the gammut of shots pt etc then had the disc in may 2006. I have to admit the recovery for me has been long and hard. i pushed myself hard as well so i may have done it. However i am glad i had it done ultimately. IT got rid of my back pain but i still deal with nerve damage in my right leg. during the surgery they can sometimes stretch your nerves to get the implant in and it takes forever for them to heal. i never had true foot drop but after surgery i dragged my foot a bit due to not being able to lift all the way when my leg was irritated so i used a cane until feb 08. now my leg just always feels like it is asleep. the meds i take (lyrica etc) really help but makes me a little stupid. overall i am glad that i did it because the pain i had before i could not have dealt with. I am not completely pain free with the nerve thing but i can function very well. as a matter of fact yesterday i took my husband to race go karts yesterday for 15 minutes. i was a little stiff but it was fun. pm me if you want specific info of what recovery is like okay. do alot of research before deciding and be comfortable with your decision no matter what happens that way you have no regrets okay. hope to hear from you.take care and have a pain free day. :H
    -chelle