Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

is it spondy or not

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks

im hopeing some 1 can relate to this and give me a name for what iv got.my vertebra in line with belly button is sticking forward a good 75percent and its directley on top of the 1 bellow it with no sighn of a disk its gone or that flat you carnt see it. pains in buttocks legs feet. horrible pain in testicals and kidneys. the slightest wrong movement causes the vertebra to move with acracking sound witch is followed by agony. is this spondy iv read all there is on spondy but carnt see anythin about testicale and kidney pain so im confused please help if you can. tready
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Tready,

I am sorry about all the pain you are experiencing. How do you know that your vertebra is sticking forward? Did you have an X-Ray or MRI? If you have spondy those would show it. We are not doctors here so we cant's give you medical diagnosis or advise, but most of us who experienced some of the same pains you are describing went to see a doctor who ordered further tests that allow the dr to make a diagnosis. Once you know what is wrong than you can discuss with your doctor the treatment options.

Good luck with finding an answer to these questions,

Kin
  • sorry i should of said yes iv had an xray. but being english our system seems to take for ever. iv also seen a specilist who jabbed needels in my legs to see if i could feel it and hit me on the knees with a hammer to check reflex tried to bend me in postions my back didnt wont to go in and basically hurt me but ay they dont feel it. id got all the questions ready to ask here but when see said i needed surgery i just started to panic and all the questions vanished. so untill i see the surgon in 3 weeks i still dont no what iv got whitch is doing my head in sorry about spelling lol
  • Maybe you should get the testicles checked out by your family or primary care Dr. It could be something else different from spine issues but could be caused by spine problems. Just thinking that 3 weeks its too long to wait for something that could be rectified by a regular Dr. I'm not a Dr. but you need to get checked out. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • An idea!

Perhaps write your questions down before you go back to see the doctor OR take another person with you to help remember all you want to ask.

It is well known that you only take 3 things from a consulation and you won't hear anything after bad news, so the other person can be a real help for you!

From your description ot sounds like spondy. Like Charry said, I would get the testicles checked before 3 weeks, just in case.

Better be safe than sorry!
  • I am a Spondylolisthesis Grade IV patient myself. My L% slipped over my sacrum by 75%. I am 35 years old.. had my first fusion at age 17 (bony fusion) in 1990.. was great for 17 years! Now I am 35.. May 2007, I heard a "pop" for the first time since 1990. Felt movement whenever I tossed & turned in bed. My paralyzing nerve/muscle spasms were getting more & more frequent. I went to all the "top" Ortho & Neuro surgeons at Hopkins & University of Maryland.. they kept telling me that my old fusion looked great. Nothing is wrong with me... and that movement must have always been there for 17 years & that I am just now aware of it. So.. the docs thought this was in my head! ..or else they saw me as a liability b/c of my age.. not sure which. For a year I tried to find a doctor to help me.. I no longer had a life. I finally got the name of a doctor that is one of the top gurus for High Grade Severe Spondylolisthesis. Made an appt with him.. had my operation April 25th. When they opened me up, they realized that, yes, my fusion still was in great shape, but the level above & below the fusion was not... thus causing the movement from left to right (confirmation that this was not something that I just cooked up). They removed the old bony fusion.. did a couple of laminectomies to release the pressure off the nerves (bad pain down leg..) put in 2 rods & 6 screws.. I am now fused from L3-S1. it is almost 7 months since the operation.. My second fusion was just as successful as the first one - but the recovery is not as easy as when you are a teenager! I no longer need pain pills... can't fuinction yet without muscle relaxers. I am back to work fulltime.. I am doing aqua & land therapy 6 hours a week. It is kicking my butt.. but I am determined to get strong & stay strong.. The operation is HELL - I will not lie (everyone kept telling me that it was not going to be as bad as the first surgery - WELL, they were all wrong.).. but I am getting my life back. getting off all the pills was not fun either. I was on 375 mg of Lyrica (NEVER again will I take that!) & ocycodone - 20 mg a day & soma. I thought the withdrawl from Lyrica was 10 times worse than the oxy.. Oxy felt like I had the flu for a week... Lyrica is a mental thing. Just wanted you to know that there is another Spondylo IV person out there!
advertisement