Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dr Changed Plan of Action??????????/

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Get This,

Went my NS this morning and they have changed their surgical plan. I was supposed to have a laminectomy and possible fusion on 12/8 and today-poof! Suck it up. :''(

Now I have to wait until January when the VA gets teir PM clinic up and running and let them handle me and attend MORE PT and KT- like 16 years is not enough? :(

I don't have the option of a second going somewhere else since it is service connected and my insurance excludes injuries as a result of military service in a period of war. (First Gulf War) This stinks big time. Months of stuff that has not been shown to work all because they want patients for their PM clinic. He came with some cr%p about 39 yrs being too young.

There goes any hopes that I had of getting back into my Sur Asst. pgm because I will be right back in the place I am at now next year. I have had 2 ESI's TENS, manipulations, aqua therapy. I am on drugs that I don't want to stay on. So WTF- I won't even get any treatment until next year. ~X(

advertisement

Comments

• So sorry to hear this, doctors can be a confusing bunch at times.Not in the military myself, due to obvious reasons, I have friends in my area that have had a terrible time with the VA handling their mental health stemming back to the first as well.Certainly don't want to go political here, but thank you for your service.

Any chance of an advocate(maybe the wrong term here)?
  • I thought about getting an advocate but all they tend to do is label you a trouble-maker and flag your file. I will just have to play their game. I will just go weekly to the walk in clinic and complain of this and that, the squeeky wheel! =)) I am bit calmer since I got it all out on the post and then had a good long-overdue cry.

The VA system is set up so that only those that fight for things get them, but they love to throw aroung drugs- if you are stoned then you are not as likely to give them grief.

Thank you so much for letting me vent. ;)
  • You said you cant get a second opinion. Is there any chance you could switch to a orthopedic spine doc. within the VA as a new patient to get around a technical second opinion. I did some clinicals at a VA but I dont remember how things worked with case managers and such.

That is BS about 39 being to young. This board proves that point pretty well!

Thank you for your sevice to the US. You deserve to be treated with care and respect!

Good Luck,
    Shell