Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

still feel bad 24 hours later

dmoonchildddmoonchild Posts: 383
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
Had my ESI yetserday at 12:30pm. Came home, slept for about 3 hours then BOOM started vomiting. Tried to eat and just everything kept coming back up. I took today off of work as Im still not feeling better. My back is very very sore ans mu belly is very upset. Im afraid to take my meds as all I do is puke about $30.00 right down the old potty. The surgical center called and I explained all this and they said to keep an eye on it and drink fluids. If not better in 3 days go to the ER>
advertisement

Comments

• had my ESI at 12:30 yetserday as well L5 S2.. I think pain overall increased immediatly after, but now 24 hours later I am no longer walking like a penguin..

I am taking lyrica at night and OTC Aleve during the day.

trying to stay positive... this will work....
  • I felt ok for about 5 hours and then all the pain came rushing back, the dr said he put in long acting lido that would last about 5 hours and he was right.
    Today still had much pain. Taking my pain meds, they help take the edge off. I had the last ESI 2 weeks ago and had the same pain for 3 days.
    Hope your tummy is better, did they give you a sedative for the ESI, I had one but it did not upset my stomach. I know that some have upper GI problems after sedatives.
    Hope you are feeling much better very soon.
  • My Dr called again to see how I was, He checked my chart and said they gave me a lot of fentenyl. He said I never had that before and could definitely be the culprit. He said take it easy and I should be better by tomorrow lots of fluids and try to keep my meds in my belly. My back feels pretty good though. I actually made dinner so things are looking up. Hot dogs and hamburgers but its a start! Hope all your ESI's are good
  • I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope the epidural will help the pain. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement