Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help with spinal cord stimulator

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Please can you help me understand what the S.C.S does? I was too freaked out when the Dr. was talking to me about a month or so ago. I heard that you do a trail first. What is that??? Do they cut open your back for the trail?? Does this only work for the back and not the neck?? Please any help would be nice. I am going threw too many injections with too many pain Dr's and I need to find something.
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry I can't help with your problem. Did they do a trial first to see if this would help you? My understanding is that an external thingie is used first to determine if the internal one will help.
  • What they do is implant it for a week on a trial basis, if it works and you have relief you go into surgery, for the trial it is placed on the outside of the skin a tiny incision it really does not hurt cause the numb you up,, you need a driver, to get home also when you r driving do not turn it on because IT WILL DISTRACT YOU, I was really sensitive towards it, had to keep it on low always. oh and by the way it works for so many people, it s like a small remote like a garage opener, if you r out running errands you can leave it in your glovee compartment no biggy,, actully its like a vibrator for ur legs lol lol. and it helps your lower back. patients would swear by it but un- fourtanlly did not work for me my problem is much more serious! i need a whole reconstructive surgery!! keep an open mind and be positive the whole procedure take about 30 to 40 min the doc has to first find where the pain is coming from like a ct scan, dont worry you will do great, i also had injections of numerous epidural and trans-foraminal facet joint blocks spinal cord stim which failed and some bolus trials of prialt, the side affects on that were terrible i was dizzy for a week!!yeah im all screwd up but i will get better have to go to sturgis this coming summer lol lol positive trhinking got me through the first surgery and i will do it again good luck to you i hope it works