Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

need a name of strong med

treadyttready Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi folks i was just hopeing some 1 could give me a name of a really strong pain killer.my stupid doctor keeps givin me stuff that dont even begin to help withpain. monday this week i rang him up and begged him for some strong stuff. so he gave me buprenophine patchs. now he told me put 1 on and on the 3rd day thats when it will kick in as the med needs to build up in your body.well wot aload of crap. im still in bits iv had enough of it now 2years every day gettin worse i think if they refuse my op im topping my self put an end to it im only 40 annd the thought of this for 20 plus years i carnt do it sorry 4 going on juts need to moan thanks tready
advertisement

Comments

• The meds used for moderate to severe pain would be percocet, Vicodin, or something like that. Under the Pain Medications forum, there is a good list at the top of the page. Just call your doc and tell him the patch didn't help and that you need something NOW. It is very discouraging when you have chronic pain and many members here have gone through a lot. Can you go see a different doctor that might be more sympathetic to your problems?
  • hello joy yeah i looked at the meds list but just wonted some 1 to give me a name of a good 1. im on my second doctor as it is the first was worse he didnt even belive i had a problem because i could touch my toes at that time year and a half ago how rong he was. in england they just dont belive you cause so many people see docs with bad backs they think were just trying to get of work. some are and do. i dont no i seem to de fighting every thin at the moment. i do actually think i would be sorted by now if my first doc listend to me in first place
  • All of us respond differently to different meds. For some, Percocet is the golden bullet, for others Vicodin does the trick, etc. It's a matter of matching the right patient with the right med.
  • I'm on ms contin or slow release morphine.
    Tready what is your history again? Have you found a pain management Dr? Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
advertisement