Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Injections tomorrow......

inafixiinafix Posts: 158
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
I'm doing pretty well with my back and wonder if this is necessary. It seems for most people it is just a big hassle, painful and a waste of time. I've never had these injections, they are "supposed" to help with the burning pain (arthritis?)above my surgical levels. IDK what to think now. I'm actually having issues with my stomach as is and just had an ultrasound to see if it is my gallbladder. I *may* be facing another surgery. I'm already feel like crud. Nauseous, vomiting and so much pain...... dare I go through with the injections??? :''(
advertisement

Comments

• What kind of injections? I had steriod epidurals and they helped a little. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hi Charry,

I think they are steroid injections mixed with one of the "cane" pain killers if I remember correctly. I'm not sure. I have a series of three over the next few weeks. I just hate to add in more misery for nothing. Glad they helped you some. Some is better than none lol.
  • Probably marcaine. The injections may be in a different spot but I felt mine helped. Take a pain pill and a sedative and a ride home. Keep us posted. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Thanks I will!

off to try and sleep. Good night.
  • just in case you do, do you know if you will be offered sedation for the injection? Be sure to have a driver, and if you can get the sedation, GET IT! If you are sedated, the injection will be no big deal at all, I promise! If you're not sedated, it will likely be a bit uncomfortable, but it's a quick procedure and many people get injections w/o sedation (not me, I'm a big chicken! I like to stick people with needles, I do NOT like to be stuck! lol)

Best of luck to you...if you can, check back here and update us on how it went for you, OK?

Try not to freak...it'll be over before ya know it!

All the best.
  • Thanks a lot, I will check back when I can. After everythijng I went through with the surgery I think I can handle the injections.

Thanks guys!
  • I ended up having 4 injections. He did the facet blocks. It was painful but very quick and totally manageable. No sedation or anything in and out in about 20 minutes. I developed a numbness that is all through my hips rear-end and upper legs but I can walk just fine. The numbing meds should last about 5 hours they say. It was/is fine so far. I went ahead and took a Robaxin just in case but so far don't need any pain meds. I go back on the 5th for the next set. So far so good. I can actually reach down almost to my toes for the first time in many months without pain. We will see if it lasts.

advertisement