Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

MRI Results.....can anyone identify?

spinaltapsspinaltap Posts: 50
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
MRI Results...
* Central Herniation at C5-6 (MRI C-Spine)
* Reversal of normal curvature (MRI C-Spine)
* Tortuosity of vessels (brain MRA)
* Basil artery ectasia (brain MRA)

Is a central herniation a sure indicator of future surgery?

My symptoms are vertigo, numbness in hands, lips and mouth, shocks from eyes to fingertips, pain between shoulder blades, HEADACHES. Thanks!!
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
    Please remember that any 'reading' you get on your MRI results from members here should not be considered formal medical advice.
    You need to discuss this with your doctor to get the MRI readings and what that means to you.
    You will find members here providing opinions based on their own personal experience.
    But play it right, get that information directly from your doctor.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I'm not looking for anyone to diagnose.Just someone to relate with.........Wondering what other people who have had similar problems have been through. This is slightly terrifying and a bit lonely. :S Thank you for the advice. I will remember it........ O:)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,720
    Ok,
    When I had my Cervical MRI's they should fairly large
    herniation or bulges. Because of the pain I was in and the numbness and loss of strength/feeling in my right arm/hand, I went in for a C5/C6 ACDF Surgery. Four years later, I had similar symptoms, this time is was C6/C7. I had the ACDF surgery again.
    The best I can say is that both of those surgeries came out very well. My recovery time was quick, the original symptoms were gone and overall the surgeries were successful.

Now, of course you can ask, If the surgery is so good, WHY did you have another one?

Answer: I started out with 4 Lumbar Surgeries (non fusion) that over the years left my lower back and legs rigid. That put some stress on my neck which started to take its toll. Now with both Lumbar and Cervical surgeries that kept both areas pretty rigid, I started to have problems and herniate some Thoracic disks. I have had sort of a domino effect and all my doctors are convinced I am not through with this yet. But that is my spine.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com