Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats eating at you?

William GarzaWilliam Garza TexasPosts: 2,202
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Matters of the Heart
Whats eating at you? the economy, post election stress, home life?
advertisement

Comments

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    I know I can't change the things I have no control over,
    so I try to deal with only those things I can control

I can control:

My family life: By being a honest supportive husband and father

My health: By doing all the right things to keep my spine friendly and not angry at me.

I could go on for pages about things I cant control, so I try to handle the ones that have the biggest impact on my total life.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • I finaly learned to chose where I have my battles. It seemes there is this undercurrent of tension throughout the postings and I thought hey? whats eating at our members feelings of security and well being...or, am i just being presumptive?
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    that has been some tension on the boards. Its seems to me, no different then we have seen from time to time over the past 18 months.

I think that whenever you have a large group, an international group of people, all suffering from one kind of spinal problem, there are bound to be some differences.

Add the fact that all of this is done via the internet, so that you can't see the other person eye to eye. That alone can make one word or phrase to be seen differently.

Differences will happen, its how we all dealt with that. We (collectively) can make it work or We (collectively) can let it snowball

I am happy that the majority of differences are solved quickly and without too much fanfare.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Great postings!!!

I try to keep a positive outlook at lest towards others, myself-- I need help ~X(
  • The most amazing part of the forum is that from what you and others have built,a forum that is international, can you imagine? hundreds and hundreds of people all able to come together and agree, disagree, converse and communicate openly! from all over our little planet..good God! an international forum(yes I am still amazed at the wonders of this life). And like you said, Its how we are a self aware, self sustaining community, that keeps us strong!
    I am glad its not just me who felt a negative undertone, its easy to give in to the current,and soon everyone is unhappy, which would give impetus to more bad feelings.
    maybe this will give people a heads up?
  • The internet I mean!

I was reading some posts last night,and I suppose I would have to agree that there may be some tensions.

It has always been my belief that if people try their best to remain openminded in the giving & taking of opinions,and by all means never generalize;that we could almost always come to an understanding of one another.Even while still in disagreement with anothers views.Sometimes it takes a bit more introspection,and stepping away to look at something from another angle.I really like to do that though.

Perhaps the Holidays are weighing in on a lot of minds.With the economy the way it is,and so many people having a hard time,maybe we are all becoming more aware of how much time has changed a LOT of things.Even though I can't change some things,they can still have the power to make me feel emotions at times..but I try :)))
  • Hey Ranchhand--great idea for a thread! I'm a worrier, so I worry about everything. I wish I could say "I don't worry over what I can't control"! I'm worried about the economy, our country, etc,and how it's affecting everyone! I'm one of the lucky ones, but I still worry. But, I've learned the (hard way from my cervical problems)if you have your health, you have everything (a real old saying but a true one!)---Mazy
  • for anybody with a chronic illness or situation so its no wonder people feel tension on the boards now.

it hits us full on: our disabilities, what we used to be able to do, what we cannot do now, etc.

I have a anxiety panic disorder along with my pain problems and TBI and I expected it this year, last year being my first experience with it all. :(

My neuro and psych doc say most of their patients with disabilities have increasing problems this time of year so we are not alone. :)
  • A person I admire had a full on panic attack at school. she was all teatrs and shaking and had this look of fear, my instinct is to hug first ask questions later, I dont know if it was the right thing to do.. but my reaction was to protect her from whatever was threatening. Ive got to study more on this.
    seasonal affective disorder, ive heard of this or something by that line, end of the year, summers gone, didnt do enough...
    Mazy , Ime with you, with all the spinal issues, other than that, I still dont get sick as often as everyone else,(flu-cold etc) Ime still stout,,,well stout looking so its funny the look i get when i say i cant lift more than 25 lbs.
    well, heres looking at you guys, I hope the holiays mean a releif from th stress,
    Hug Laugh Live!
advertisement