Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

surgery - 12/4/08

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
I have 3 herniated discs, 2 nerve root compressions, severe multi-level degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis of the spine, and many bone spurs. I've suffered much pain since a bad fall 15 years ago and have had a total left hip replacement. I continued to limp on the left side though even after the hip replacement--because my back was very bad. However, the past 6-weeks has been a time spent in hell with sciatica that was so bad, it prevented me from taking even a step without the aid of a cane. The pain was constant and unbearable. I had an MRI and a myelogram/CT scan. My neurosurgeon suggested surgery. He thinks he can help my left leg pain. I remain hopeful! I'm wondering what to expect in the way of the surgery experience and post-surgery. Also, time off from work?? There's nothing like the voice of experience--so I welcome all you're willing to share with me. Thanks...
advertisement

Comments

• My surgery is Dec. 5th; bi-lateral discectomy L4/L5. I can't wait! Anything has got to be better than the constant pain. I wish you a speedy recovery and less pain for the both of us.
  • best wishes to both on the up-coming surgeries.
    My 1 piece of advice to is get the house and all supplies ready for you for when you return from the hospital as it will be hard to carry on your normal routine..It helped a whole lot to have all the food, drinks, wound supplies and so on ready. There are some good lists to look at to help you decide what you will need to do.

It might be a good idea to pay bills that are due when you get home ahead of time. I once wrote a check to my mortgage company that was the check number. I ended up with a late fee for it and on my credit report for being late. Thank goodness the check number was low or I would have bounced the check. You know, check number 7232 became 72.32 being paid. I could not believe I did that... 8} jade