Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Can anyone help me please?

miammia Posts: 72
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hi, I am having pain in my neck.If I look @ something (pc screen,tv,etc.) my neck gets locked in place.I literally have to pull down on my head to move again and it hurts and pops really loud.I had a spinal cord spimulator put in, in May and a revision in June both 2008.After the second surgery I found that my left back area,shoulder and below,some in the middle has gone numb!I get sever pain in the forearm of left hand and pain in left hand also.What do you think is going on?My ortho surgeon says it's neck related not in my back,so what now?I told my pm doc of 3 years and he just brushed it off.He put a shot in my shoulder and said that would fix it.It didn't.The pain in my arm hurts so bad,I grab it and hold it(arm) and rub it until it stops.It's not constant but hurting more often.Please help me, what do I do?Thank you p.s. the pain in arm feels like it's in my bones.
advertisement

Comments

• Were was the stimulator put in. I take it not for your neck and the surgery this year had noting to do with your neck. If that is so and they are saying it is coming from your neck what about starting with some x-rays. There may be nothing showing but then from there if need be they can graduate to a MRI possible. Have you tried any stretches to see of they may help and your having muscle spasms. The arm does have nerve roots in the neck. However I am not a doctor so there is noway i could really tell you what is going on. Keep us posted on what you find out.
  • I would ask for a referral to a Neurologist because there's numbness involved. Can you put ice where the Dr. injected you? Of course since it's Friday night and no where is open I think I would make a trip to ER. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • well, I have had the numbness begining immediately after my reision surgery in June'08.....the stim helps some but i wouldn't do it over if i had the chance.My neck hurting is the problem.Numbness only worrys me when i use backscratcher and not able to feel that area..am i scratching to hard and such.
    I will see my pm again in dec early,so will ask him for xrays then and see if he'll refer me to a neuro.Good advice and I thank you.It's just so hard to think when you are in pain.My pain pills aren't working anymore for my back or neck,altho I have none for neck,prescribed for back.I have pic's right after surgery but don't want to scare future surgery candidates..real bad scars..thanks again

SCS was done in upper back between shoulder blades and battery was inserted in a "pocket" in left hip area.Back (this was done twice in 2 mths time)was a 6 inch incision, hip was a 3 to 4 inch scar.
  • Hello~I have the cervical DDD and last July my shoulder pain got really bad..it was not constant,but say I was in a position for awhile and then moved..like sitting in the car and then when I would go to get out,that movement caused severe pain.I had to hold my arm as well.Now,I WOULD have gone to see my Dr.,but it was a VERY bad time and worse things on my plate to take care of,so I put it off.

My OS THINKS it was a herniated disc~~but as I didn't get in to see him until late August(it may even have been Sept),and the pain had subsided quite a bit,well I don't know what it was.I felt that he brushed me off too.It still bothers me,but nothing like it did before.The BAD pain lasted about 4-6 weeks.

This sounds as if I were not keeping track of my pain or symptoms,and normally I would have been to the Dr and tried harder to find out what was wrong,because it was painful,but as I mentioned I had a lot of other things going on at the time and was out of the State for a couple weeks.

I hope that YOU find out the cause of your pain.
advertisement