Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

week 46,where is everyone

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Diet, Nutrition, Weight Loss
its so quiet in the diet forum,i think everyone is getting alittle downhearted,but don t give up ,if you do goodness knows how much weight we will put on with xmas coming.I really need this forum without my weekly weigh in i know il just give up.so come on girls im throwing down a challange to you,lets all get 1 pound off for next week ,i know we can do it.im still the same weight as i was 4 weeks ago,the scales are stuck fast im determined they l move in the right direction next week
advertisement

Comments

• I clearly don't know what I have to do to lose one (expletive) pound. I weigh every Sunday. I'm up. I'm down. But over a period of time I've gone no where. So, today I weigh 1.7 pounds more than last Sunday. My PM has me on a new nerve pain drug a major side effect of which is weight loss--though it did say it took 5 to 6 weeks. I have no appetite and I am eating very little. Unfortunately, I have been getting very little exercise as the pain has been torturous. Thanks, Benji for the pep talk. We don't deserve you. Susan
  • How's everyone? I haven't weighed myself but know I've gained so I'm not going near that scale.. maybe later. I've been eating alot of desserts lately. I'm sure it's the weather and the lyrica. Better luck next week guys. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • :) hang in there benji! you are just in a slump and will come out on top! <:P i lost 2 pounds so i am at 152# now. 2 more to get rid of the 4# i gained. they will be off this week. come on everyone!! let's put our positive attitudes on and be ready for losses this week. remember that not gaining is a good thing, no pounds put on!! =D> good luck everybody! Jenny :)
  • I have not checked in for awhile because there has been no change for weeks, up or down... finally lost 3 lbs. My surgery is still 8 weeks out, so ideally I'd like to lose another 10 lbs. to hit my original target. Discipline... :<
  • jenny and aimless.youre both doing great and shows that it can work,i do hope i can lose next week
    stockbroker if you re not eating much the weight loss will come,give it the 5 weeks that was advised and hopefuuly you will get results

charry sometimes its the weeks you think you ve gained are the weeks that show up a lose,unless you weigh yourself you ll never know,but i do understand the not wanting to weigh yourself,ive been there and got the t-shirt lol
  • :) aimless, great to see a weight loss. <:P your surgery will be here before you know it. you have done really well and are almost to your goal. =D> Jenny :)
  • Feels like its taking forever, but I can't say I've been working as hard as I could. Now that surgery is in sight I have a bit more motivation! :O
  • is going away with work for 2 weeks,so hopefully il get a pound or 2 off with him not tempting me to eat takeaway
  • Oh oh, I missed weigh in again didn't I? #o Sorry, I've been pretty bust with my new companion (rescue dog) and a few side jobs to keep us both fed.

Well, T-Day is in two days and I can't resist all the pies :D Hopefully it resists my waistline.

Anywho, I know this is late but I am at 234#, a lose of one.

• :) McBack, congratulations on your loss!! <:P one pound down! i have a berry pie in the frig right now but i had only sliver and that made me happy!! Sirius is from the pound and i love her to pieces. :X you have gotten the best friend you will ever have!! how many shades of mutt is she? Sirius is a boxer/pit. have a Happy Thanksgiving! =D> Jenny :)
  • Jack, (named before I got him), is a Border Collie, and either Retriever or Irish Setter, not sure, but BC for sure. He is a great dog, very intelligent and so eager to please.

I am eating just about anything I like at this point, I just cut my portions WAY down and added a lot of fruit for snacks. Breakfast is maybe a piece of toast and coffee and many days I'll simply have something like a big bowl of broccoli crowns w/cheese for lunch and be content with that. For lunch today I had two ground turkey patties with cheese on top. I won't eat now until dinner and probably have a salad and a grilled chicken breast then. I just might have this licked this time /:)
  • :) McBack you have done two things that really give you a head start. =D> one is planning your eating ahead of time. the other is having a positive attitude! you have a good menu for sure. <:P veggies and fruit is so good for you as well. you will notice changes in your health besides weight loss if you keep this up. i plan on a loss this week, in spite of turkey day. i will be eating lots of things but no turkey. not depriving yourself is really wise McBack. <:P if you do it in moderation you can eat a little of everything. have a good evening. Jenny :)
  • on sunday,i wish i was as doing halve as well,i think the only way i will lose is to give up my beloved bread,its the only thing that works for me,Are you veggie jenny is that why you don t eat turkey?
  • :) benji55, i am a vegetarian. =D> i go through spells when i will eat some meat but i don't for the most part. i do eat eggs and cheese though. that is why bread is so important to me i think. :? it fills me up when fruit and vegies don't. of course there are many ways to make a filling meal without meat or bread so i guess that is just my excuse for eating bread!! i love it so. :X more to the point, good luck to everyone tomorrow. let's all step on the scale and shout out the results regardless of what they are!! <:P we are trying and that is the main point. to try and fail is never as bad as not trying at all. Jenny :)
advertisement
This discussion has been closed.