Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Severe sciatica, work injury, car accident

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
I have been suffering for over 5 years with severe sciatica, right hip pain and pain over my iliac crest. I then got in a car accident hit from behind and pushed into two cars in front. The sciatica radiates down to my foot sometimes and is always present in the groin area. CT scans haven't revealed much and because of an implant I have I can not get an MRI. It is very hard for me to work. I have seen a few PM doctors. I never seem to be taken seriously although my right leg just gives out on me and I have fallen several times. I have had shots and epidurals up the ying yang--only the Marcaine helps for a couple of hours until it wears off. I don't know what to do. I don't know if I am not giving enough info to my doctor (I don't know what else to tell him). I work three jobs and just want to be put on medication that will makes this tolerable. I had a box of Fentnyl patches, and actually had to put one on the other night. Otherwise I am only prescribed 2 10 mg of oxycodone a day, and the doctor will probably not give me another prescription for Fentanyl--which make my stomach sick anyway. He has to go by a lot of subjective information, and does not seem to think sciatica could be this debilitating. I am also still having pretty bad pain in my neck from the car accident, and can no longer see the chiropractor for that. The chiropractor did help my neck, but nothing seems to help the sciatica. I would appreciate any advice or experience you guys have to share.

Spiritnow.
advertisement

Comments

• HI and welcome to SH.

I hope you find the help and support you are looking for!

What about writing yourself a list of symptoms and problems and activities that you can hand over to the doctors etc, making sure you capture all the symptoms??

Good Luck!
  • Good gosh! Sounds like they need to open you up and find out what's going on! Nobody should live in pain like this all the time. If you can't have the MRI, can't they do some sort of explatory surgery?