Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Howdy

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello from Louisiana. I have had ACDF of C2-4 and C5-7. Looking for a way to stop/deal with constant pain.

Been reading for a while and just decided to join.
advertisement

Comments

• jcheif- welcome to the site. I have not yet had any cervical surgery but there are plenty of memebers who've had cervical surgeries. So far, I only had injections, although my NS wanted me to have a foraminatomy done. I am waiting till I absolutely have to...take care...jade
  • :H When was your surgery? What type of pain are you experiencing and where? Right after surgery I used lots of heat on achy muscles. Are you taking any pain medication now? You're surgery was much more than mine. Mine was single level ACDF 5/6.
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i was born in Alexandria. what part are you from? so tell us alittle about your surgery? tell us about yourself! we look forward to hearing from you! good luck as you progress! Jenny :)
  • Hello, :H

I am glad you decided to join. It's hard dealing with chronic pain on your own. This is definetely the right place to be,we all here have something in common (pain) and you will get alot of love and support >:D< . How long have you been in pain for? When did your spine start to have problems? Was it an accident? or just DDD?

AGAIN WELCOME TO SH :)))
    DAWN
  • welcome, I too am new to this great site :H

Today I found this forum, and the information, along with all the great folks on here, is priceless.
    Thank you All!

Terri

C-2 thru 4 fusion, diskectomy, infection that won't go away, large seroma on left side of neck that no pain meds will take away
  • ACDF C5-7 in October 10, 1998 at Methodist Hospital in Houston, TX with plate and donor bone.
    Started having pain and other issues again in late 2002. Saw doctor in Lake Charles, LA and he had to redo the C6-7 fusion due to my body absorbing the bone graft. Used PEEK cage and bone morphogenic protein to prompt my own bone to grow in place of the disc. Also had fairly severe central canal stenosis at C3-4 but elected to wait as long as I could before having that addressed.
    February 2, 2005 had epidural steroid injection with no relief
    ACDF of C3-4 on April 13, 2005 and removal of removal of spur that was causing deformation of the spinal cord.
    Started having issues again in September 06, ended up in ER on December 21, 2006 in excruciating pain. Put off 4th surgery on C2-3 waiting on artificial disc to be approved and missed 9 months of work thought I was going on a disability retirement. Was referred to a doctor in Houston, but would not see me due to previous fusions. Had several more steroid injections with limited or no improvement. Artificial disc came out and found out I was not a candidate because of previous fusions. Finally had ACDF of C2-3 in September 2007.

Along the way used Eefexor (anti-depresant) Percocet (ranging in strength up to 10/650), Ultram, Soma, Arthrotec and Celebrex. While using Celebrex was having terrible headaches to the point of seriously suicidal. Did some research on Celebrex, quit taking and headaches were much improved.

Currently having headaches, upper back pain, pain in shoulders and neck probably from C7-T1.

Doctor mentioned SCS last visit also possiblity of laminoplasty due to stenosis.

That is about it.

BTW, I live in Sulphur
  • Seems that you share the common goal that many of us have. You will find lots of support and info here.
advertisement