Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I made it threw my injections

ellineellin Posts: 188
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
Oh my well, after changing My PM Dr. who knew I was a big chicken who had a Dr. put me out to sleep who was not willing to do any more for me now due to the Nerve burn only 3 months ago. This new PM does do an IV with some meds. Well, did not know if I could make it and yes, it hurt a bit 2 levels both sides 4 injections in the facets main thing is getting rid of the pain well, left side feels good right side well still hurts but, not as bad. So, the story is If you are a big chicken like me I mean (I am scared to even have a chiro. touch my back) you can do it. So, glad I made it. Hope you all are doing well with getting some relief. :H
advertisement

Comments

• What kind of injections did you have? I had cortisone in my facet joints and my PM doc said he never puts anyone to sleep or will give an IV. I have to take a(1mg) xanax to make it thru. Iam a big chicken too. I just don't what the differeces are between steroid and cortisone. Which one hurts worse.
    Melissa
  • I'm glad to hear you're injections are helping. Did your new PM Dr. ask why you left the other PM Dr? Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • No I did not tell the PM Dr. I have gone to another Dr. Ok :$ I have had way too many injections. The rule is 6 a year. I am paying the price for more because my skin got very thin, and I bruise on anything my hand and my arms from my elbow down. Today my pt. was joking with me and made like he was going to cut my arm and I got a long bruise 12 inches long :O I have had ok here it goes 3 epideral's 2 S1 joints, 9 L4 L5 facet injections and 2 cervical facet injections in 2 years. WAY TOO MANY than I just had months ago 3 nerve ablation RF (nerve burn) done on my Lower back and my neck so, yes I have had lots done. WHy all this, well, do not wany surgery and after the ablation on the Lower back their was just a little pain if that until I was laid up in the hospital for 15 days. So, called my Pm Dr. and he told me it was too early for anything and he said no more this is why I went to another PM because I need to be out of pain and I know the shots work for a while, I was hoping that after the ablation I was so feeling good that the bed was the problem so One more shot will get me back to where I was. I am lucky too my ins. does not have a cap on how many injections I get some or most ins. org. do. I will say that the neck still hurts and stiff. Will, never even think of having them done without being put to sleep.

MELISSA the meds are both steriods, the pm Dr. tho uses another kind of steriod when injecting my back and neck and most of the injections are done with other steriods. MY friend told me of this Dr. and think he is the only one here that will have a Dr. put you out for 15 min because you have to be really still and for me I thought that was not possible until this time. I guess when you get to the point of so much pain you just do not care anymore. I wish you all luck with what you need to do to get rid of the pain to live not survive.
  • oops made a mistake had 6 or 7 epiderals 8}
  • Thanks Ellin. Sounds like your are having it rough. My PM doc said he won't put anyone out because he wants to make sure I can feelmy legs while he is doing it. Still hurts. I hate it. I even hate the dentist! I getgas at the dentist!
    Melissa
  • When I had my epidural they gave me a cocktail of versed and fenytal (sp). I think they call it concience sedation. Please excuse my spelling. I used to be able to spell, I swear I could. 8}
  • Yes that is what they gave me fent. and versed. They did give me extra because of my nerves. I think if they just gave me the low dose there would have been no way I would of had it done. My friend had her neck done with the fent. and versed and she said it hurt so so bad that she would not have anymore unless he gave her more. Well, she had more and made it without the pain she had the first time. I think that we just need to let the Dr. know of our fears and after the meds go in if you still feel like you need more than we should and could ask. I know that their is a limit of how much they can give you without another Dr. their. Even tho some PM Dr's are anesthesiologist (see my spelling stinks too) they are limited to what they give because it will become putting you to sleep. Hope I made some sense. Well, hope you all are feeling ok. Happy Turkey Day.
  • my name is tim and im very interested in the nerve burn process i have like you had many steroid injections and they hurt like hell im a big chicken too. i have 5 bulging discs and ddd plus failed fusion autograft bone fusion faile me big time ,,, i tell my dr to treat me like a 9 yr old little girl and dont make me cry with more pain im 50 yrs old <<< my shot jocky i call him as he is quick to ride the needle , and does not give ANY SEDATIVE AT ALL FOR ANYTHING HE DOES the first one made me sweat so much that my clothes were wet like just out of shower i mean i was wet all over dripping wet and shaky, so much so he had to stop the injection process... he never gave me anything said i wouldnt mind it if i were in REAL PAIN all the while yelling at me to stop moveing,,, its a natural reaction to jump when a needle is shoved into your spine i have had 8 sets of four injections both sides of low back ,last month he tried the T-11-12 vertabrea and it hurt me for about two weeks i was flat in bed on a heating pad ,and ice switching back and forth one to the other (will i survive the nerve burn with no medication at all, or will it really kill me) ,i need honest answers about this before i say yes to anything as i have been disabled crippled for 18 years now due to a dr who rushed to operate on me for the insureance money workers comp now he is under sanctions for his actions not only what he did to me but to several other people too yes im included in that group and we are extreamly upset over the fact he crippled us when common sense treatment would have worked had he given it time.... he didnt,, he went right into my spine with an old fashion approach my dorsal muscles were stripped off the spine and never healed properly so i have attrophy in that area of my back i dont see that quack any more last time i punched him in the mouth back in 2001 as i was in severe pain i went to him he said (ill give you a brace and you will have to learn to live with your pain then POP right in the mouth fat lip for sure i was allmost arrested for it by him nice guy huh.? thanks for any thing you can honestly tell me about the NERVE BURN PROCESS again from my heart a big thanks in advance of an reply pm me if you feel like it or just post here what ever id really like to know tim58
  • hi every one i cant wait till my next injections im haveing a set of 4 two levels both sides however i may not be getting them i just got the bill from dr for 2,000 and change , that my hmo ( Touchstone health) hadnt paid for so far i have had lots of injections multi levels from T11-12 to S1 almost all joints are in disease and very painfull sitting standing walking what ever i do i can not get the pain off my mind , when i first had the shots they hurt no seditive given at all ever nothing but slam jab done ,now hmo says not needed no prior approval well i sit here now with the paper /letter that says they were approved and just got off phone with Touchstone who told me that approval is void and not to expect them to pay for un-needed services from my dr , im sure he does that to me for fun (WRONG) ill put my home up for sale or borrow money against it to get them shots as they work last ones lasted me a year almost 10 months then pain returned as before very sore so doc has me on fentanyl patch that helps alot but touchstone tells me its not on the formulary any more now what found somethings that work well for me and now i cant have em think im not upset the person that i spoke to on phone at touchstone will have ringing in their ears all weekend i lost itt my temper is wicked and so is my mouth when all they have done for me in last 2 years is argue over the meds and treatments i have recieved and now bill collectors are calling me almost daily for payment i tell them to go see my credit manager HELEN WAIT very angry over this i better get off the pc before i break ittt
advertisement