Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi everyone. A little bit about myself- I have always been a strong woman and have done things that most woman probably shouldn't as far as abusing my back. Chopping wood, driving sandpoints, slinging cases of beer and kegs as a bartender. Now I have paid for it for about 12 yrs. now. I have always had pain in my back but it didn't get really unbearable until about a year ago. I had tests and it showed I had a prolapsed Disc. I had Cortisteroid shots, then PT. Was taking Darvocet and now on Vicodin7.5 750. I recently have been in excruciating pain so I was sent to see a Back surgeon. He says I have a prolapsed L3-4 And DDD in L5-S1. Sooooo, I am scheduled to have surgery Dec. 1st. and hoping this will get me back to being a mom of 3 sons age 5, 14 and 16. My 5 yr. old has beat Cancer and he deserves for his Mommy to get in the sandbox to play or in the floor, and right now I can't do that. I am looking forward to meeting people like me and I know there are alot out there, and advise on how to cope day to day.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to the forum! :H I'm glad to hear you are a strong woman. You will need it when you have your surgery. That is what helped me after mine. I'm sure you will hear from people who have the same problems you do. I will keep you in my prayers.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • Hi mother of three , :H

I am a mother of four but most of them grown. I am 40 yrs old have a 2yr. old boy, 13 yr. old boy, 21 yr. old boy,and a 23 yr. old girl. Plus tEo grandchildren :O girls 3&4 yrs old #:S . Needless to say i know exactly how you feel. I always break down at the doctors when i say i just want to be able to pick up my 2 year old and do normal things. I asked for stronger meds to get thru the holidays from my primary care doc, but his answer was have people help you with your son, Well tell a 2 year old that ~X( when they only want there mommy at times. I hope everything works out for you. Keep me posted. send me a PM if needed. :)))

sincerely
    DAWN
  • I wish you all the best for your upcoming surgery. I'm so happy you're son got beat cancer. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hello motherof3,

I wish you also nothing but the best for your upcoming surgery. I know how you feel about the pain. I have a cervical herniated disc C4-C5 and currently seeking opinions before I have surgery. I also had the cortisteroid and percocet. That is great that your son beat cancer!!!!!

Everthing will be fine and you will be in the sandbox in no time playing with your son. O:)

All the Best :)
  • momof3- welcome to the forum. I found out several months ago I had a new disc protrusion at L3-L4 with mild impingement(among my many other problems). I went to sleep 1 night and woke to severe pain and barely able to move. Did the dr say he would operate on L3-L4 and L5-S1? Best wishes on the upcoming surgery...jade
  • to the forum. I also have all boys - boys are great! So happy to hear about your 5 year old, and I hope your older 2 are very helpful for you.

I hope your upcoming surgery relieves your pain and helps you get back to the life you deserve. We all deserve a pain-free life.

Looking forward to your updates,

Cheri
  • Good luck to your upcoming surgery. This group is awesome! I am sure you will enjoy the support they give you. I am liking it here!

Honeybee
    Motherof3 said:
    Hi everyone. A little bit about myself- I have always been a strong woman and have done things that most woman probably shouldn't as far as abusing my back. Chopping wood, driving sandpoints, slinging cases of beer and kegs as a bartender. Now I have paid for it for about 12 yrs. now. I have always had pain in my back but it didn't get really unbearable until about a year ago. I had tests and it showed I had a prolapsed Disc. I had Cortisteroid shots, then PT. Was taking Darvocet and now on Vicodin7.5 750. I recently have been in excruciating pain so I was sent to see a Back surgeon. He says I have a prolapsed L3-4 And DDD in L5-S1. Sooooo, I am scheduled to have surgery Dec. 1st. and hoping this will get me back to being a mom of 3 sons age 5, 14 and 16. My 5 yr. old has beat Cancer and he deserves for his Mommy to get in the sandbox to play or in the floor, and right now I can't do that. I am looking forward to meeting people like me and I know there are alot out there, and advise on how to cope day to day.
  • Hi and welcome to SH! Sorry you have to be here, but you will find lots of information and lots of wonderful, caring people.

I'm so sorry for the pain you are going through.

You might want to post your upcoming surgery in the Treatment Forum under Back Surgery and Neck Surgery--we have bunches of folks getting ready for surgery and wanting to know what they will need at the hospital and when they get home; we have people recovering from recent surgeries; and we have people who have had successful surgeries come by and serve as cheerleaders for us. It's really an amazing thing to be a part of. I'm sure you will find many folks with the same symptoms and surgeries you have experienced. So...come on down and visit and stay a spell with us! :D
  • and good luck on your upcoming surgery. I wish you much success. You will find lots of kind folks here that are always willing to give you support and understanding. Please keep us posted with your progress.
advertisement