Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Time to say Thanks for What we have

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Good News
I know that Thanksgiving is an American holiday, but I wanted to just start a post so that everyone can take a minute from what they are doing, how they feel, to express the things that they are thankful about.

I will start:

I am so thankful that every morning I wake up and get a chance to have another day.
I love having my wife next to me in bed right before we awake.
I love having a family that cares about people and life and are not hung on having the best car, the fanciest clothes.
I love having neighbors that we can talk to , have over for dinner, sit in front of a fireplace.
I love the lonely time at night, by myself, looking up at the sky or just sitting in a chair watching the ambers diminish from our fireplace.

I love being part of Spine-Health. It has given me an extra purpose. Before Spine-Health, it was me and dealing with me and my family, no others. Once I joined the Spine-Health site, I soon became part of a family. This family has grown so much over time, I have developed strong relationships and feelings for so many others here at Spine-Health
I love that I was given the chance to be Administrator for this site. I only hope that my actions are viewed as being fair and just.
Spine-Health has given me an added incentive, something I didnt have before. Now, I can actually reach out to others and describe my spinal experiences and IF I can help JUST one other Member, than I feel GOOD, no I feel GREAT.

Thank you to so many of you who have made my life and my time so much richer. I will always be thankful to those who have touched my heart.

I am a very Happy person, I have lots of pain and I know it will be there for life, BUT I have so much love in my life, I know that I will be able to handle anything that comes my way.

Thank you
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Ron,
    You are an amazing person and I am one of those people that you have helped. This site has been my life line over the last year and a half and you are a huge part of that, for that I am thankful.
    I am so blessed in my life and there are so many things that I am thankful for I could go on forever. Instead of doing that, I will say what came to my mind first when you spoke of pain. I am SO thankful for the strength and positive attitude that I somehow find each and every day when I am faced head on with pain. People ask me how I do it and I really don't know, I just do - and that is what I am thankful for. The pain has changed my life but I refuse to let it stop my life.
    Thank you Ron for reminding me to stop and think about all of the things I am thankful for because I am truly blessed.
  • Hello,

I read your fall post.. It was a great short story. I see you helped so many here on the forum. Iam so glad i found it. it looks like you been thru it all, as i read your story.

I posted a thread today and i was looking for advice . My doctor was in a hurry for a pt appointment for his shoulder the day i seen him, as he just had surgery himself.

He just said my MRI was normal. But i dont understand some of the mri like the signal t1 hypointense etc.

would you mind taking a look and share some advice and personal knowledge? I know its just advice i am not expecting an expert opinion. im just scared because of the numbness i sill have and pain.

SINCERELY
    DAWN
  • Yes, thank you for this post. I've had an especially rough couple of weeks, but I still try to be thankful every day for what I do have, which is sometimes more difficult than others to focus on.

I have a wonderful, compassionate husband of 21.5 years.

I have 2 teenage boys who do try to be compassionate and helpful (and I am especially thankful they are not younger because I cannot imagine how I would take care of them).

My extended family, while all 8 plus hours away, are good listeners and truly would do anything for us.

Through this pain journey, I have been forced to go from a hyper, always busy mom who was always gone doing something to someone who is always here, always available and never more aware and attentive.

Hugs to everyone here.

Cheri
  • Thank you for starting this thread. It is good to stop and think about all we have to be thankful for. And for me, it is so very much. Topping the list are friends and family who are there when you need them - and who are smart enough to know you do really need them even when you tell them you don't. And at the very top of this list is my husband who has waited on me hand and foot with patience and love for months.

One of the things I am thankful for is everything that I have learned - thus far - from my recovery from fusion surgery. It has forced me to learn patience on a level I never imagined. It has taught me to just "be" - a hard lesson from a perpetual multi-tasker. I have learned that my to-do list is really not all that critical - that the plan in my mind of what I will get done in a given day is VERY alterable and can go from 20 things to zero and that is OK. It has given me newfound respect for the strength and resolve of people who struggle constantly to complete the activities of daily living.

Thank you to those of you who make this site a place for education, sharing and support.

• I'm with you in a way. Had I not been through what I have, I would never have met some of the most incredible individuals in my life! I also would never have learned what I am capable of, even when I'm told it's impossible or nearly impossible.

As one door closes, another one opens.

"C"
  • i am thankful every morning:
    i awake to face my new challenges even with limitations i now have.
    i have numbness and pain because that means i have another day to look forward to.
    for the skilled ns that took the challenge to fix my neck.
    for my wife who has taken care of me everyday.
    to my God who has given me this blessing and a life that is much better than many.
    to be able to see the sunrise and to hear the birds sing and to feel the winds blow and this thursday to taste the food God has provided me.
  • I hope you all enjoy a great day giving thanks and turkey and stuffing or whatever your meal plan is.
    Canada already celebrated Thanksgiving last month but just wanted to wish everyone here a Happy Thanksgiving.
    Taking time out to give thanks for spine health and everyone here also. Have a great day!
    Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I'm thankful for skilled doctors who keep people like me out of wheelchairs. I'm thankful for a family who stood beside me through it all. I'm thankful for a ton of friends who prayed me through the rough patches. I'm thankful that God sent me here so that I no longer feel alone.
    Thank you to every person who has helped me this year. You've meant the world to me.
    O:)
  • I would be saying exactly what each of you is saying. Zach has a very important point; I've had people say "don't you wish you'd found that treatment 10 years ago..." or "too bad you didn't do that pain clinic five years ago". I look at it that if I hadn't experienced all that I have in the past five to 10 years, I would not have nearly as much to contribute here and elsewhere in life!!

I, too, have an amazingly supportive husband who just wants to wave his wand and make the pain go away. I have three respectful, handsome, wonderful boys (all young men now!!) who make me extremely proud and give THE best hugs in the world (they're all tall and very strong!). I have a "team of angels" consisting of physiotherapists, massage therapists, acupuncturists, doctors and even pharmacists, who do EVERYTHING they can to help me when I need it. Last, but not least, is my amazing friends here at home, those who live afar and those on two forums that I visit regularly; I could not go on without them and their encouragement and positive attitudes.

So...I guess you could say "I'm lucky enough". 8>

Tracy
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,715
    on some of the things that we are all grateful for, there is no question about the love in your words when you talk about your husband and boys. Tracy, you and I have been exchanging ideas/thoughts/fears for over a year now and I know that even with the pain that you do suffer, you are a very blessed person to be surrounded by loved ones. That as you know can help us get through anything.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • We took the school infants to church, and sat around the alter, the head asked did any of the children want to say anything, a 7 year old boy stood up and asked could we pray for all the other children around the world, I very nearly erupted into tears, and that was a memory that will live for a long time.

We bowed our heads, as he recited his own wish list for others and nobody looked at each other, a touching gift from one so young, our historic us is not the new us, refreshed and observant of every change that we may have missed before. Zach’s words help us to help ourselves and others and rightfully acknowledge those who without judgement help us all and give of so much.

John
  • are so many things that I am thankful for and it would take forever to list them all so I will just list a few.....

I am thankful for my husband , in whose arms I feel safe and secure....protected from all evil in the world. I am thankful for my children for so many reasons....they are my light and love.....I am thankful for their laughter because it makes my heart leap for joy everytime I hear it. I am thankful that my Dad's cancer has not taken him from us and that he will be with us this Holiday Season and ofcourse I am thankful that my Mom will be by his side.

I am thankful and forever grateful that I am not only a MOD but also a member of Spine Health because it has opened my eyes to a whole new world and given me many cherished friendships and extended family...Thank you all for allowing me to be a part of this wonderful community and for trying to help where I can....I am humbled by the trust placed in me.

And finally , I am thankful for you Papa , thank you for this thread that allows us all time to stop and think about the positives in our lives and not focus on the negatives but more than that....thank you for your love and friendship that mean the world to me.

Happy Holidays to you all....I pray that there is love and peace in every home and in every heart this year and into the next!!!!!!!!!!!!
advertisement