Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SPW Unite .....Part 5

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,724
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Lighten and Brighten
Navigating through multiple pages of forum posts can make for some long wait times.
This is why SPW Unite - Part 5 has been created. I will be closing SPW Unite - Part 4 tomorrow afternoon
Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• Maybe I can keep up with this new one. Am I still a SPW? I did the initiation a LONG LONG time ago. =))

Cindy
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,724
    we are all SPW, its sort of our branding name.
  • Just thought I'd let you know I was up at 4:30 a.m..... (I know, I know...) and made LOTS of chocolate oatmeal cupcakes for all of you!! Miki will want to take the lion's share because she keeps missing out....any special requests for the color of the icing?

• TracyLynne said:
    Just thought I'd let you know I was up at 4:30 a.m..... (I know, I know...) and made LOTS of chocolate oatmeal cupcakes for all of you!! Miki will want to take the lion's share because she keeps missing out....any special requests for the color of the icing?

got that right Miss Tracy!!!!! I won't be missing out this time though......do I really HAVE TO share???? image:)" alt=">:)" height="20" /> Okay , I will share....this time.... =)) =)) =))
  • sounds good- chocolate oatmeal cupcakes and I bet the oatmeal makes them healthy. I am not sure about the icing but the calories don't count if there is oatmeal as an ingredient.. :))( jade
  • i was brought up to believe that cookies with oatmeal in them were healthy /good for you. :D

----now share before i whack u with my cane! =)) =))
  • Chocolate chip please.
  • I was hoping someone would bring some donuts along haven't seen them in awhile =)) =)) =)) .
  • Chocolate chip is my specialty; my secret is to cook them 25 degrees lower than the recipe calls for, put FAR more chips in there, and they turn out soft and VERY yummy!!! My second faves are the double chocolate mint chip cookies....yummmmmmm....

I went with purple icing and blue icing on the cupcakes...special request from the little girl I baked them for....and they are SMOTHERED in sprinkles!! I'd post a picture here, but it didn't work last time!

As for the oatmeal making them healthy, that's why I use this recipe...it is THE best, and people always say yes to it because they're getting their fiber! :))(

Tracy

• OATMEAL CHOCOLATE CAKE

1 c. oatmeal
    2 c. boiling water
    1 c. margarine, melted
    2/3 c. cocoa

Blend together well and add:

2 1/2 c. brown sugar
    2 c. flour
    1 tsp. vanilla
    4 eggs
    1 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp salt

Pour into 9 x 13 pan or two round cake pans (greased and floured) and bake at 350 degrees 35 to 45 minutes, and cupcakes for 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Enjoy....you will never want a cake from a box again! :D

• dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,724
    something I can really do. I think that is because baking requires almost precise measurements.
    I dont do anything precise!
    When I cook, I may look at a recipe for ideas, but then I let my mind determine what I am going to do with the recipe.
    I guess if I was more disciplined I might be able to bake.
    But BOY do I love the products that others can bake!!!!
  • I love chocolate chip cookies with walnuts and my idea of home-made cookies is buying the pre-made dough and slicing off chunks and baking it.
    I sure love someone else making real homemade cookies and cakes.
    I am not really a baker and I never really thought why I love to cook but hate to bake. I guess it the measuring as I cook by guestimating.... :$ ..jade
  • YUMMY!! If they sell those anywhere, I'm buyin' them!! 8>

Ron....your wife would LOVE you if you made her that cake, even if it does require "precise measurements"!! =D>
  • And if you do find some Tracy, mail some over this way too :D
    TracyLynne said:
    YUMMY!! If they sell those anywhere, I'm buyin' them!! 8>
    Keep positive!

Bruce

...an old timer here and ex-moderator

• What the heck is going on around here? I was cleaning out my favorites bookmarks and found this site. It's been a while since I logged in here, I almost forgot my screen name and password.
  • So good to hear from you. Please please please don't get rid of your SH link. We need a few good stories around here, and you are one of the original SPW members. Did you win any bike races this year? Come on in to chat sometime and tell us all about how you are doing.

CindyS
    Surviving chronic pain one day at a time, praying for a reprieve because living another 40 years like this doesn't sound too fun!
  • I need a big glass of milk to dip the chocolate oatmeal cookies in. Thank you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Neck of Steel said:
    So good to hear from you. Please please please don't get rid of your SH link. We need a few good stories around here, and you are one of the original SPW members. Did you win any bike races this year? Come on in to chat sometime and tell us all about how you are doing.

CindyS
    I won't get rid of the link. I will keep checking back here occasionally.

I didn't win any races this year, but I did come in second many times. There was one guy that beat me every race. I'll get him next year. I pretty much started my training from scratch this year, since I didn't race last year or the year before. Carrying over fitness from year to year is how you get faster. Plus, I have been real nervous about crashing. I seem to not take as many chances as I used to, which slowed me down. I hope I'll get over that, but I may not. I don't want to hurt my repaired back.

I'm glad to see some of the old SPW's are still hangin' around. :)
  • Tammy said:
    Steve!!!
    Tammy!!! >:D<
  • steveb said:
    Tammy said:
    Steve!!!

Steve!!!

Tammy!!!

• Hopey said:
    steveb said:
    Tammy said:
    Steve!!!

Steve!!!

Tammy!!!

Hopey!!! :H >:D<
  • Sure, she goes straight to SPW and completely ignores the thread with her name on it. Whatever.
  • Steve! Tammy! Hopey! Tracy?? I'm feeling left out now... :))(

Good work on the races, Steve; I did one bike race (mountain bike) in my previous life; I'll never forget this little old man cheering me on in my last couple of miles....made my day!!

Hope you're all doing well and looking forward to Santa coming!!

Tracy

P.S. Sorry....ate all the cookies!! 8}
  • Good to hear from you! Yeah there are still a few of us oldies in the SH closet who you just can't get rid of.

Give 'em heaps next year, mate! Although I can well imagine the feeling of not wanting to push things and run the risk of crashing....

Cheers
    Bruce
    Keep positive!

Bruce

• What's on your Christmas list for this year?? I got a garlic press (yes, a garlic press!! /:) ) for my birthday, so I'm hoping there might be something a little more....personal....under the tree this year!! (Mind you, I've been able to hold that over someone's head day after day after day....)

Tracy

P.S. Nice to see you, Steve!! Hope you're keeping well!!

P.P.S. Bruce - one of my boys is headed to Australia next weekend...I'm very jealous...
  • Zach you aren't post padding are you? <:P
  • Tracy..it's a great time for him to be heading to Aussie - long sunny summer days and warm nights :) When he is there, he should consider hopping over to my home country of New Zealand for a look around :D
    Keep positive!

Bruce

advertisement