Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats in a Member Name? How about the Avatar?

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Water Cooler
I've always been very interested in the different userids/member names, etc that people select when they go online. I have been going online for a bit over 30 years now and have always stayed with my last name as my primary registration name. Sure, then I do have a few extra names, but those too have been names I've been associated with for many many years. As far as avatars, I have loved to mix my up. I had a much larger collection on the old site, when the pictures were smaller. I need to find the originals and do some rescanning to increase my avatar library.

So, what do you think about when you pick a Member name?

And what are you thinking when you select an Avatar?

My answers:
Name - I pick my last name, so that everyone knows who I am
Avatar - Ah, thats difficult, changes may happen on the fly

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement

Comments

• My name is a combo of the nicknames everyone has for me (my name is Nancy) and so since the people who have made the nicknames have such a special place in my heart, I always use the nicknames! Even my e-mail address is fancypants!

The avatar is when I was on my cruise in the Caribbean on 7 mile beach...I had so much fun on that trip that I like to be reminded of it when I feel low and remember how relaxed I was that day floating in the ocean.

Papa Ron- I love your baby one, it's so cute!
  • my name and month year born, my avator? didnt even know what that meant until recentely.lol i learn something new everyday on sp.lol

i picked one of me and my 2 year old since i mention him alot. i have 4 kids and 2 grandchildren but of course cant fit them all. i am tall 5'9" and i recentely took him to the aquarium he loves penquins and octopuses. so in the background you can see the penquins. but the true purpose of my avatar is the terrible 2 stage.

i know the picture is small but it was a rough back pain day for me constant temper tantrums to go where he wanted to go and he kept taking off and making me run after him.

well he wouldnt leave the penquin area it was outside and it was cold and there was a rail there he would not listen to me he kept climbing under it. mind you im already in pain and faking a smile in mine.

my son is holding his had and crying in the pic because all thaqat fussing he hit his head on the rail and in pain being tall i was bent down comforting him.. pain and all we both were in pain but he was the one crying when the picture was taken... i felt like i was gonna be too from the pain.

dawn
  • Mine is easy. I am LJ (first and middle initials) and I use it a lot as my name on forums or on line. The pic is easy also. I am an avid gardener and that is a picture of one of my favorite roses (Paradise). Most likely I will start swapping other flower pics since I tend to take a picture of everything that blooms in my yard and believe me a lot of stuff blooms in my yard each year. This was a sad gardening year for me since I was unable to do much in the yard this year. Now that I had surgery I am looking forward to being able to do more in the garden next season.
    LJ

• Well mine came from the frustration and rapid learning of basics(101) to get what is going on with me.The avatar is one I picked up at "Deviant Art" for halloween and also refers to the darker side of my depression.Lets put it this way pain was a release from life at one point aka I was a closet "cutter".Thankfully, I rid myself of that habit once I understood why it was happening.Kind of ironic now, because pain wrecks my world now.

I am still frustrated as ever and still learning, such is life :?
  • Well, it's my name and location, pretty simple. 8}

• Here in Louisiana, we take pride in our Cajun Heritage. We like to throw off the rest of the world by adding letters you don't pronounce into our names or other words we speak. Hence, snow would be Sneaux; go would be Geaux; and Jo (my first name) is Jeaux.

Bert is the first 4 letters of my last name.

My Avatar is actually a picture of the brunette bombshell Jane Russell because we look so much alike. You remember her, right? She was the brunette to Marilyn Monroe's blonde character in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

Oh, wait. That IS me! Oops! I tell you! I confuse even ME!

Jeaux
    B)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,714
    That aint Jane Russell, I had a small role in that movie, (I was the turducken) you might remember when Ed said to Jo, Please don......

So, my deduction is that is your avatar, though I do see the resemblance. Did you fill in as a double?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • My name is from nicknames and my personalitly, bubbly, and I love the smell of bubblegum, we have many stories of bubbles, and bubblegum in my home, I think the avatar speaks for itself
  • Obviously, it would have HAD to be the REMAKE titled: "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, but Bad Boys Prefer Brunettes!" so, who's having more fun NOW?! (Just kidding, ladies!

My 2 favorite blondes are Marilyn (of course) and Mae West. My favorite "Mae" line - "when I'm good, I'm very good. But when I'm bad, I'm better!"

:))(

Jeaux
  • My username is my mothers name. My avatar is because i love cats.

Evelyn :H
    Had PLIF in 2008 and a Laminectomy. One level fusion, L4-L5.
  • username has my name in it (and the number 22 is just a nice even number. I like even numbers. lol), and that's a picture of me taken yesterday, 12.9.08. lol I took a picture to show my pain-free eyes, just after the SCS trial was over. Pain-free today? Nope, not so much. Prayerfully and patiently waiting for the permanent Scs.........
  • I'd like to hear the story behind the "LOVEUNIFORMANDCUFFS" handle....

;)
  • Down in my heart lives...

Peace, cool and calm,
    Deeper than the darkest cave.

Anguish and pain,
    A constantly struggling slave.

Innocence and gaiety,
    Sweet childlike wonder.

A whole being,
    No longer torn asunder.

Chaos, wild and savage,
    What could hold it down?

Nobility now fallen,
    That used to wear the crown.

A mother's care,
    So pure and ever true.

A daughter's laughter,
    Restoring soul anew.

A father's wisdom,
    To assist in standing tall.

A friend's ear,
    Borrowed at needed call.

Something different,
    Have I felt this one before?

Strange, scary, yet wonderful.
    I dig and dig, so much to explore.

Downinmyheart has been my name since I wrote this poem a few years ago. I am large, I contain multitudes.

The avatar of the robot in the alluring red gown is because I have chosen to embrace my life and the changes I am going through. I am now part machine, and yet still vital and whole and healthy and intelligent and sexual. The robot reminds me that I still have power.

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I guess my name is based on trying to evade crisis. I'm still working on avatar.
  • name is combo of first and last name and avatar is about 2 weeks after surgery. I had surgery in Colorado but live in Florida and sent pictures home to people 8}
  • I would love to be reminded of something relaxing. Yours sounds lovely. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
  • I love the poem and your explanation. They are both beautiful.

Thanks for sharing.

Jeaux
  • And for giving a who. :)

One Love,

Stephanie
advertisement