Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

help me understand

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
hi every one im a new face or should i say spine to this site

had a report back today of my xray was hopeing you good people could help me understand what iv got and what treatment im likely to resive. ok the report says.

pain reproduction with dorsi flexion at 70 degrees bilaterally and marked tendurnesson palpation right left over the segments l4/5 xray shows narrowing of l4/5 disc.

dose any 1 relate and what dose this mean thanks davespine
advertisement

Comments

• Sorry, but I can't help you. I would think that the narrowing could mean stenosis? Sorry I can't be of more help, but I'm sure someone else will be able to help you more. What did your doc say?
  • I would think that you need to get the Dr to interpret this. It sounds like it could be that the disc at L4/5 is decreased in size but that happens with age anyway.
    So a conclusion would be based on your symptoms, age, any pain you are getting and where etc.

An X-ray is only a small part of the diagnosis.

Go see your Dr and I hope you get good news.
    Blessigs Sara O:)
  • Hi Dave, welcome to SH. This is a great site for information and support. Have you had an MRI yet? If not, that is probably the next step, as a plain xray won't show if you have nerve impingement and such. The narrowed disc is usually called degenerative disc disease. But like Angel said we all get it to some extent with age. The other stuff is referring to the exam the doctor did. This sounds more like a report from one doctor to another than an xray result. A radiology report is usually much more detailed and describes the lumbar spine, even the healthy levels. Definitely see what your doctor says about it and what the next step is. Hope to see ya round the forum, Cali-Sue