Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sitting Restrictions

JoyJJoy Posts: 560
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
It's so strange to read all the different restrictions regarding sitting after fusion surgery. My surgeon told me there were none for me, so I've been sitting more than anything else. It's really the only position I can get in that I don't hurt! I can just get in my computer chair and play games all day. I wasn't able to do a lot of the walking that others do; first, I got a Plantar's Wart on the bottom of one foot...when that was finally taken care of, my knee started hurting too bad to do much walking. Even laying in the bed with lots of pillows here and there is not as comfy as my computer chair. It just amazes me how different all of us are, huh?

Well, Happy Thanksgiving everyone...maybe next year we will all be so much better in our journey. Love ya'll! :X >:D< >:D<
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Joy, you are so sweet. Happy Thanksgiving! I am glad you are comfy in your computer chair since that way you are around more often to chat with us here on SH :D I had 10 minutes per hour restrictions on sitting and believe me it was not comfortable to go longer :T At 2 weeks he increased it to 15 minutes and said I could recline on my couch, but that was not comfortable. So I laid down a lot and walked until about 6 weeks when I got my recliner. Now I sometimes become a recliner potatoe with my laptop in hand :))( (like right now). Probably not a great thing for my neck though 8} I am driving tomorrow a little over an hour for Thanksgiving at my inlaws house, so I will see how the sitting goes. That will be my longest drive so far. You take care Joy and have a great holliday,
    >:D< :* Cali-Sue
  • Hiya >:D< Wishing you a speedy recovery ;) I know this is a different thing, but when i had the disctectomy :''( , i had a sitting restriction :( , of just 20 minutues a day for the first 3 months :? . The rest of the time i had to lay flat or on my right side :''( , i dont know why , i had these restrictions :? . Wishing you Well >:D< HAPPY THANKSGIVING :)

Angie :H
  • Did you mean 20 mins an hour????? Even straight after a 3 level fusion I was allowed 20 mins at a time as often as I wanted as long as I had a walk and stretch in between.
    Now Like Joy I can sit for longer lengths as it doesn't hurt but it does make me stiff so I get up walk, stretch etc.
    It sould be nice if all these doc could get together and agree on some things :))(
    Blessings Sara O:)
    Cali-Sue, be careful driving tomorrow/today