Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

One of the Lucky Ones

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
<):) I guess I must be one of the lucky ones. I had a 360 fusion 3 weeks ago at L4-L5 and I must say I am doing extremely well. My lower back does stiffen up after walking for a while and I have to take a couple of Vicoden to ease it up. Yesterday I was even able to jump on the riding lawn mower to bag up some leaves. Afterward there were no weird pains or anything out of the ordnary. Last year after my TLIF and 6 months post op I could barely walk for 2 days after doing exactly the same thing.

I am extremely pleased after the 360 procedure. I realize that it is much too early to consider myself 'fixed' and there are bound to be some bad days in the future, but for now I am enjoying my new back! <:P

Other than slight balance problems and getting pretty stiff and tired after a long walk, I'm doing GREAT! =)) :D :))(

Everyone have a Great Turkey Day =D> O:) :)))

KevinB in Houston, TX
advertisement

Comments

• Great to hear that your surgery went well, Kevin, and now you are on the road to recovery. Whatever few symptoms you are experiencing are normal at this stage of recovery, just don't over do it! I hope you did not really meant that you jumped on that lawn mower? I know you are impatient, but slow down a bit, will you big guy?

Take care, and take it slow,

Kin
  • Hi Kevin, glad to hear you are doing so well. I had a 360 on my L4-L5 with disc replacement and hardwear. I am 17 days out and I rode my ATV today...Slowly and carefully in the yard and I was great. Accidentally forgot about the surgery and bent over and picked up a pill that landed on the ground. (My dogs pill) I guess we are the lucky ones! Congratulations!!! We will have to slow each other down so we don hurt ourselves and have to start over. Good Luck and continued healing. Pika in Wisconsin
  • What great news for you!!!!!!!!! Did you end up having another fusion after a first one?! A bit confused.......

I hope that you do continue to do well :)