Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I CAN NOT GET MY FREAKING NECK TO QUIT HURTING!!!

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,900
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
all the pills and i have to get so freaking stoned it isn't funny just to make me not give a damn I am hurting it still doesn't stop the pain. I am tired as I know a lot of you are. My patience used to be unsurmountable but it is wearing thin very quickly, depression, no sleep, pain and on top of that I do not know if I will be able ot go back to music again and even if I did the band members decided to form another band because they did not want to wait on me to heal so instead of taking the chance on me NOT being able to play they just decided i wasn;t going to be able to and left. there i am through bitching now, sorry. ~X( :''( @) L) :| :( 8} :T :W :W :W :W :S X( X( X(
advertisement

Comments

• I understand the pain stuff completely and I'm sorry that you are having a difficult time with that right now.

The pain and loss of the band is another thing altogether different,and that has to be tough.

We expect this pain in our bodies,we are never prepared for the disillusionment that comes from the loss of people and things that we love and need so much.That is a different pain,and so hard to understand.

Many prayers sent your way.
  • Sorry to hear about the band members. How long has it been since your most recent surgery? Not long (if my memory is correct.) Be kind to yourself. It's ok to vent to us!--Mazy
  • It makes you feel better to journal your feelings and that's not just a saying it really helps. How long ago did you call your surgeon and when did you have your surgery? Know that if these guys were your real friends they'd have stuck around but it's just business. Perhaps when you get better they'll be wanting you back from your new band. I hope you review the meds with your GP so you get some pain relief and sleep. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • I am so sorry to hear about your pain....you are not alone. You have had some radical surgeries, my gosh, no wonder you are in horrible pain. I feel so bad for you, my prayers are with you. I am not a doc, so I can only make layman's suggestions. Number one, you have to deal with the sleep issue because lack of sleep sets you up for a bad day. When you don't sleep, your body loses out on healing time. It also increases spasms and tension which increases pain. So if you can, ask the doc for something to help you sleep if you haven't already. Also, anxiety and depression really increase pain! So, find some music that you find relaxing and do anything you can to make some time to be distracted from things that make you sad and angry. Also, if you are up for it, it may help to take meds for the anxiety and depression as well--ask your doc and see what he/she thinks. Do you have access to therapy to talk about your depression? Meds alone for depression/anxiety don't work as well without therapy. Hang around positive and supportive people if you can. Do you go to church or are you a spiritual man? I know it helps me to keep a strong bond between God and I. For me, reading the Bible and praying is really, really therapeutic. It may seem that all these things are insignificant, but in the long run, they are huge in pain control. I hope and pray that you will find some relief. Take care, and feel free to message me any time.
    Laura
  • I'm so sorry. Sorry for both your neck pain but mostly for your loss of what was obviously your passion- your music. These spinal problems are so far reaching and touch every single aspect of our lives in ways we could never have imagined.

After my first surgery it was obvious that I couldn't care for my kennel of hunting terriers. I had to board them for several months and, when it became clear that I wasn't getting better, had to find new homes for all but 3 of them. I didn't realize just how much I defined myself by hunting and showing my dogs and it was a devestating loss. As I come close to the year anniversary of my first surgery I realize that I've changed my perspective and look at the subject differently. I'm not as "sad" anymore. There are things we can change in the world and things we can't. That was something I had no control over.

I guess what I'm trying to say, in my long winded way LOL, is that this is the time for you to heal. Later, when you're feeling better, the music will again come back to you. I have a feeling that there is no stopping you when it comes to your art. Just keep your eye on the prize ..... without a healthy spine there is no way you can really rock out like you want to, right?

Hang in there and feel free to PM me if you need to talk. This is a hard road and we all need all the help we can get.

Griff
advertisement