Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scar tissue

emilyc03eemilyc03 Posts: 41
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Does anyone have issues with scar tissue? I know the consensus is usually that it can't cause many issues, but mine is actually touching nerves. My doc says there is nothing they can do because if the cut out the scar tissue it will grow back, maybe even worse. It is horrible because my surgery was successful but now the scar tissue is causing probs!!
advertisement

Comments

• Hi Emily

I too have scar tissue. My doctor said it was "impeding' on my nerve root. My symtoms are much worse then pre op. Thank God for my pain managment doctor or else I would'nt be able to stand it. Hang in there. If your doctor is helping you great, if not find one who will. Best wishes.
  • is there a way to avoid scar tissue?
  • There is no way to avoid scar tissue, and the way it forms and how much forms is determined by a person's individual body.

I had scar tissue pressing on my L5 nerve root that was removed during my Fusion. I doubt they would have removed it if it were just to grow back and been for no reason.

I also spoke to my old P.T. about scar tissue and she said it CAN be removed surgically and not grow back. It all depends on the techniques used. ALSO they supposedly inject certain things into scar tissue that can break it up... Those are two options my P.T. told me about... But thankfully they just removed it all during my fusion and I've been fine.