Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Facet joint injections

backpainishellbbackpainishell Posts: 970
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
I am having the facet joint injections today :S , i have had them before :''( This time im a little worried :S as my back problems are much much worse than the last time i had them done :? I wonder if this would make a difference! Just needed to vent a little :S , sorry :S

Angie :( :S :H
advertisement

Comments

• I have had these done but the relief that I got was short lived. maybe you will have better results. Good luck!
  • How'd the facet joint injections go? I'm going Wednesday to get my first ones and 3rd epi. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hiya, >:D< Thankyou both for replying :) , nice to know someone is out there :D When i had them done last time i went back to work the next day :S i was in agony :''( , and ended up taking sick leave :( Any way last time the pain doubled for about a week or so :''( , then the second week i just kept on sleeping I) , then after that i was great for about 6 months :) This time as i said my pain is much worse :''( I asked for sedation, this time round @) i didnt remember the procedure at all :? .The doctor said the L4 disc i had shaved back in 2003 has completely gone :S The L3 Is crumbling to :S I had quite a few needles in my back, my daughter counted 14 holes, he sid there are 10 holes and 4 needle marks :S Anyway i am on bed rest :S , i cant lay back its to sore :''( i have to lay on my left side, if i sit normally i get excruciating pain raidiating down my right leg :''( I have rang them and they said i have to give it time :S , and just rest and relax, and keep on taking my usual medication :''( Charry Good Luck for wednesday >:D< hope it goes well , keep us posted :H

Angie x
  • hi angie,

had injection few years ago and yes it was sore,i have to get injection next week again,i am thinking of you and hope that you get some relief soon,do take care.

i am in uk also and it can be hard to get the doc's to help especially alittle reassurance would go along way after the procedure.

karen
  • >:D< GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW! >:D<

:? I WILL BE THINKING ABOUT YOU :?

Angie :H >:D<
  • Hiya Karen >:D< I really did forget how sore they actually are :''( , i still can not sit back its just to sore #:S , i thought i would have been feeling relief by now :? , but i aint :S.
    Where in the UK are you from? How long have you had back problems? :H

Angie :D >:D<
  • I am set for another round of injections L4-S1 on Thursday. I am a little nervous even though I've been through this. I did injections prior to surgery with no relief however, the ortho thinks that since he fixed the disc problem the injections may help subside the pain. I am really hoping this is going to be the fix that I need so I can get on with my life and get back to working. I've been out of work since Feb 08 and lost my job. I have another job that I am anxious to start but I can't sit or stand for more than 10 mins at a time so I can't imagine working yet.
  • I'm sorry you had a rough go of it. I hope the injections help in a few days? I'm actually going on Saturday the 6th for the facet injections. sorry for the mixup. Take care. Charry >:D<
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Hiya, >:D< Well its been a week and im still sore and tender and can not sit back because it hurts to much :''( . When i had surgery back in 2003, i was left with a lump :S , one doctor said its the size of an orange and the ortho said that there was nothing there :? , so i had a scan and as large as life the swelling was there nothing life thretening #:S . Where he gave the injections was on a part of the swelling and its so tender :''( . Im no doctor but i think that the swelling is my main problem and has attatched itself to stuff inside me :? , if you know what i mean, and this is causing a lot of the reffered pain :''( . How long before i feel relief off the injections? :''( Anyone? GOOD LUCK FOR TOMORROW CHARRY, LET ME KNOW HOW YOU ARE WHEN YOU GET BACK IF YOU CAN.

Angie x >:D< :H
  • hi angie,

sorry angie for not answering your question last week,i am in N.ireland...i have been suffering with back problems from 2001,i will eventually go for surgery but its not optional for me personally at the moment although ortho wanted fusion done 2yrs ago....

you have put in a long week by sounds of it,i hope it lets up soon,i am thinking of you.

if you feel any worse can you contact pain management,my pm is usually very good for assurances when i have queries,these epidurals are rough when you have had one before and go again it sinks in just how sore it all can be,i had doubts about getting my next one,it was scheduled for yesterday but it ended up getting cancelled for me due to an infection so i guess that made my mind up it wasnt right time maybe next time.....

take care angie and fingers crossed for charry tomorrow
    karen
  • Angie, I'm sorry you have that huge orange sized lump? What did they say it was? Is it scar tissue? I'm sorry about the pain though. I had the facet injections and all I feel is some burning. Maybe with your fibromyalgia you're not healing as well. I hope it works for you. Take care. Charry
advertisement