I've noticed pain in my left arm especially increasing in recent weeks. I'm waiting for my neurosurgeon to settle on which surgery he is going to perform. He is having me see a second opinion neurosurgeon to make that determination.
He has talked about c-5 to c-6 acdf. He has talked about laminectomy on that level. Until then we are dealing with pain management. Currently I'm on 15 mg morphine extended release tabs 2x a day and vicodin 5/500 1x a day.
Since my pain has increased my DO has ordered a cortisone injection into my neck this next friday. I had an injection in the same part of my neck about a month and a half ago. That one was a diagnosticEagle c-6 nerve root block and was positive.
So, we'll see how that injection goes.