Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Whats Next ?

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,899
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Spinal Injections
Hello everyone,
I have an "obliterated" l5 sr1 disk…my doctor actually used the word obliterated. I was inspecting a big rig truck at work and it decided to drive off with me standing in front of it. I go in for the injections on the 16th of December. One thing I am not sure of is what life will be like without having a disk. If the injections work or if I have the surgery and the sciatic pain is gone what can I expect as to any limitations ? Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
advertisement

Comments

• HELLO AND WELCOME :H

Sorry to hear what happen to you. Well when did this injury happen? What injections are you having? are they epidural injections. Did the doctor say you may need surgery for sure or is he trying alternative first.

I didnt understand your doctors terms exactly i also have problems in the same area of my lumbar spine, but not from a horrific accident such as yourself.

You will find many answers and support on this site. I hope to hear back from you soon.

OH and what leVel is your pain? are you being treated with meds?

You can also check out the conditions links above also they have a video library that has alot of great info on spine problems and surgerys. use the search enging the videos are great. get you started in learning surgeries and sciatica and such. ;)

DAWN
  • This happened on July 8 of this year, it did not seem too bad at the time in fact my pain did not start for about 6 to 8 hours later. I am going in for the epi injections but my doc said he does not hold out much hope as I do not have a disk left :jawdrop: if it does not help I will be sent to the surgeon for a council but he does not think the surgeon will want to proceed because I have no disk left :jawdrop: and he tells me the 5 year stats are the same for people who have the surgery and those who don't