Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I think I feel the plate moving???

dbullwinkelddbullwinkel Posts: 224
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Ever since my surgery July 31, the left side of my neck all the way up to my chin is numb and feels funny. I never remember to mention it to the doctor, besides I assumed it was just normal.
This morning it is really bothersome and I placed my hand over my throat...just to rub it. WELL, I felt like something is MOVING in there! My plate and screws are in the front..when I hold my fingers on the sides of my throat and gently move them, I feel and hear something...like a clicking sound. Does anyone with anterior cervical fusion understand what I am saying? Is this normal? I never noticed it before and always touch my neck/throat because it is annoying to me the way it feels so numb. thanks, i am a bit nervous..
advertisement

Comments

• I didn't have neck surgery, but I believe I have read previous threads about the clicking noise. I'm sure someone will be here shortly with more info. Hugs to you today! >:D< >:D<
  • Hi D, I don't know if this is what you are feeling, but I can grab my larynx between my thumb and fingers and shift it side to side and it kinda clicks. It has always done this and is normal. I didn't have any neck surgery. It is the hard cartilagenous structures being shifted with my hand. I don't think you could get a grip through you throat to the point of your hardware to manipulate it. My guess is you are just moving your throat.

Everyone try this and see if you get the same thing, so then you can let D know. Why I ever tried this in the first place, I don't know, but my larynx does click, :))( :))(

Take care, >:D< Cali-Sue
  • that is exactly what I think I feel! That is why I love this site so much! Everyone understands each other! and how we get crazy over things. I am anxious to see if other people respond! thanks....
  • Yep, mine does it also. Never knew that before...interesting, huh?
  • would know these things :))( :))(
advertisement