Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back surgery

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,731
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi
This is new for me. I was searching nerve regeneration and came across this site. Had surgery on S-1,L-5, in August. Had serious pain in buttocks, back of leg,calf, and foot. Struggled with strength tests and leg 2 inches smaller than other. had laminectomy, disc repair and dynamic stabilization. I no longer suffer from muscle spasms, do not use heating pad to sleep anymore, leg getting stronger,(only 1 1/2"smaller) but no answers on how long for nerve to come "back to life". Take anti-inflams for nerve inflammation and have some pain when sitting too long. Post op was excruciating, but would not hesitate to do again as relief from muscle spasms and numbness gives a new life.
advertisement

Comments

• Welcome to spine-health...
  • Hi and Welcome to Spine Health. The healing of nerves is so "individual", it would be hard to give you a time line. If you are healing, feeling less pain and getting stronger, then I would take that as a great sign that your body has the ability to bring itself back on line.

I've had nerves that healed in a few months and then others that have taken years. I guess it all depends on the type of nerve and the type of damage to it.

"C"
  • :) hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. you don't say if you are taking any nerve pain medications? they have made a big difference in my life. you might talk to your doctor about it. :-C good luck with your future pain treatments. <:P Jenny :)
  • I wish you a speedy recovery. Take care. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • It sounds as if your recovery is going well and that is good news. I wish you continued improvement. Please keep us posted.
  • Took Neurontin for about a month, but makes me dizzy and drunk so dealt with pain instead. Now take clebrex for nerve inflam and tramadol at night for pain. Stomach does not tolerate much and these have worked the best for sensitive stomach.
  • Took Neurontin for about a month, but makes me dizzy and drunk so dealt with pain instead. Now take clebrex for nerve inflam and tramadol at night for pain. Stomach does not tolerate much and these have worked the best for sensitive stomach.
  • Explain the therapy nerve blocks.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,740
    ">image

For a Spine-Health Site introduction, Click on :

Welcome To Spine-Health

If you have any questions, feel free to contact (PM) any one of the Moderators here Priestess , Bruce , Paulgla, DiLauro

The Spine-Health Web site offers so much more than these Member Forums.
    Check the various tabs at the top of the Spine-Health page and you will find so much that is offered here.

Please remember that all information you receive from members on this forum is NOT
    formal medical advise. You should always consult with your doctors.

To get back to the Forums, you can always click on Forum Home

Please feel free to contact me at rdilauro@gmail.com or send me a message
    ________________________________________________________________________________
    Post surgery, nerve pain can be the most difficult and persistent to get rid of. There are so many variables, its impossible to even try to give a guideline on when nerve pain should subside.
    The variables that would increase that time are:

- Length of time a disc was pressing on the nerve and the actual surgery
    - The actual scope and details of the surgery
    - Some items not that we all might not have control off
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
advertisement