Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

December Surgeries

NuttinbutthreadsNNuttinbutthreads Posts: 13
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:25 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hey all,

I've seen a post in the past covering those who were going in for surgery in a time frame, so I though I'd start one for December.

I am going in to have the new bone growth from the bmp removed as well as the hardware used for my TLIF a year ago.

I am nervous about the pain. My surgeon during my pre-op appt stated again and again because I am on "high levels of Kadian, a strong pain killer, you are going to be in a lot of pain." That scared me big time. I feel that he's not going to work with me on my pain. Yes, I did express this to him. I was seriously considering canceling the procedure after this meeting. He got that feeling as well, pulled me aside, and cleared the air.

I hope this works and look forward to the feeling of relief.

Anybody else scheduled for this month?

Nuttin
advertisement

Comments

• I'm set for ALIF on the 15th. It's my first one. I'm nervous/scared as heck. Trying to keep it from showing so my wife will relax a little and not worry. We're hoping my parents and my aunt who is a nurse will be able to make in for a few days to keep her company and sane.
  • Hi-

I just wanted to let you know that there was another December thread started a while ago. We would love to have you join us! My surgery is less than 4 days away now so I understand your nervousness!

Julie